AMD Invests in the Future of AMD Fusion APU Technology
Strategic investment funds available for select companies accelerating visual and computational PC experiences
TAIPEI, Taiwan -6/2/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today launched the AMD Fusion Fund, a program to support development of new, enhanced consumer digital experiences by helping to further advance an ecosystem that promotes CPU and GPU collaborative computing.
The Fusion Fund was created to initiate strategic investments in companies working on solutions enabled by the accelerated computing capabilities of the upcoming AMD Fusion family of Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) products. Starting immediately, interested ecosystem companies may submit innovative proposals for investment to be reviewed and evaluated by AMD.
"The computing industry is undergoing a long-envisioned and inevitable transition from text-based computing to a digital world of natural human-to-system interfaces and rich visual experiences that are incredibly vivid and realistic," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, AMD Fusion Experience Program, and Fusion Fund managing partner. "AMD Fusion APUs are designed to expand the art of the possible for software developers, accelerate application performance, and deliver levels of power efficiency conducive to cooler and sleeker PC devices. The Fusion Fund will help expand the Fusion ecosystem focused on realizing the next generation of computing for the mainstream market."
Projects for consideration include a range of next-generation and accelerated computing capabilities enabled by AMD Fusion APU products, including application software and tool development, unique device designs, PC components and innovative ideas which extend the reach of collaborative computing on the CPU and GPU.
"AMD's efforts to foster growth in the ecosystem will not only benefit AMD and its APU products, but I believe the computing industry can benefit from greater support for smart, innovative companies," said Rob Enderle, president and principal analyst, Enderle Group. "Because the APU is based on industry standards and pervasive x86 architecture, this technology could represent significant potential market opportunities for AMD's ecosystem partners."
In addition to development programs such as the AMD Fusion Fund, AMD actively supports its hardware and software partners through the AMD Fusion Partner Program. The Fusion Partner Program provides software companies and developers with technology enablement, development tools and support such as the ATI Stream technology software development kit (SDK), which supports OpenCL standards. Partners also receive marketing support to help them deliver compelling technology and innovative solutions based on AMD technology, further strengthening their business and allowing them to expand their sales network through AMD's extensive ecosystem.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com
Latest News Posts
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis