AMD Invests in the Future of AMD Fusion¬ô APU Technology
Strategic investment funds available for select companies accelerating visual and computational PC experiences
TAIPEI, Taiwan -6/2/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today launched the AMD Fusion Fund, a program to support development of new, enhanced consumer digital experiences by helping to further advance an ecosystem that promotes CPU and GPU collaborative computing.
The Fusion Fund was created to initiate strategic investments in companies working on solutions enabled by the accelerated computing capabilities of the upcoming AMD Fusion¬ô family of Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) products. Starting immediately, interested ecosystem companies may submit innovative proposals for investment to be reviewed and evaluated by AMD.
"The computing industry is undergoing a long-envisioned and inevitable transition from text-based computing to a digital world of natural human-to-system interfaces and rich visual experiences that are incredibly vivid and realistic," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, AMD Fusion Experience Program, and Fusion Fund managing partner. "AMD Fusion APUs are designed to expand the art of the possible for software developers, accelerate application performance, and deliver levels of power efficiency conducive to cooler and sleeker PC devices. The Fusion Fund will help expand the Fusion ecosystem focused on realizing the next generation of computing for the mainstream market."
Projects for consideration include a range of next-generation and accelerated computing capabilities enabled by AMD Fusion APU products, including application software and tool development, unique device designs, PC components and innovative ideas which extend the reach of collaborative computing on the CPU and GPU.
"AMD's efforts to foster growth in the ecosystem will not only benefit AMD and its APU products, but I believe the computing industry can benefit from greater support for smart, innovative companies," said Rob Enderle, president and principal analyst, Enderle Group. "Because the APU is based on industry standards and pervasive x86 architecture, this technology could represent significant potential market opportunities for AMD's ecosystem partners."
In addition to development programs such as the AMD Fusion Fund, AMD actively supports its hardware and software partners through the AMD Fusion Partner Program. The Fusion Partner Program provides software companies and developers with technology enablement, development tools and support such as the ATI Stream technology software development kit (SDK), which supports OpenCL¬ô standards. Partners also receive marketing support to help them deliver compelling technology and innovative solutions based on AMD technology, further strengthening their business and allowing them to expand their sales network through AMD's extensive ecosystem.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com
Latest News Posts
- Sony making Wild Arms, Arc the Lad smartphone games
- The Last Guardian critics opinion wrap up and analysis
- Nolan confirms HBO's 'Westworld' won't return until 2018
- Oculus Touch officially available as of today
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will not include headphone jack
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand