OCZ Technology Introduces 400GB and 480GB Capacities for Vertex 2 and Agility 2 SSD Lineup
New Solutions Deliver Both High Performance and Capacity to Solid State Drive Clients
SAN JOSE, Calif., May 24, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) and memory modules for computing devices and systems, today introduced new high-capacity Vertex 2 and Agility 2 SATA II 2.5" Solid State Drives. The award-winning lines now include 400GB and 480GB models, making the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 an excellent SSD option for clients who don't want to be constrained by storage limitations.
"Solid State Drives have long delivered on exceptional performance and reliability but capacity has been a barrier to adoption for some clients," said Ryan Petersen, CEO of the OCZ Technology Group.
"Building on our popular Agility 2 and Vertex 2 SSD lines our new high capacity models give customers up to 480GB of storage space allowing them to enjoy all the benefits of SSDs with plenty of room for even the largest applications and files, making this the ideal solution for customers that place a premium on speed, reliability and capacity."
With double the storage of the existing models, the 400GB and 480GB editions facilitate a more responsive PC experience while providing ample room for a multitude of applications and files. The new higher capacity Vertex 2 and Agility 2 not only deliver the faster boot up and shut downs, but offer extensive space for the latest operating systems, game titles, and programs for shorter load times and snappier performance compared to mechanical hard drives.
Both Vertex 2 and Agility 2 400GB editions feature 250MB/s read and 240MB/s write speeds, with higher 4k random writes up to 22,500 IOPS on the Vertex 2 Series. Built with SATA 3Gb/s, the drives easily integrate into today's desktop and mobile platforms and feature TRIM support for Windows 7 systems. Vertex 2 and Agility 2 Series will now ship with these latest capacities, and come backed by a 3-year warranty for additional peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology Group, Inc.
Founded in 2002, San Jose, CA-based OCZ Technology Group, Inc. ("OCZ") is a leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of high performance and reliable Solid State Drives (SSDs) and premium computer components. OCZ has built on its expertise in high-speed memory to become a leader in the SSD market, a technology that competes with traditional rotating magnetic hard disk drives (HDDs). SSDs are faster, more reliable, generate less heat and use significantly less power than the HDDs used in the majority of computers today. In addition to SSD technology, OCZ also offers high performance components for computing devices and systems, including enterprise-class power management products as well leading-edge computer gaming solutions. For more information, please visit: http://www.ocztechnology.com.
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 7' races past $1B at the worldwide box office
- Study: Iran increasing cyberattacks, developing new cyber arsenal
- US Air Force testing 3D glasses to more accurately pick targets
- Report: 29 million healthcare records compromised in past four years
- NBA 2K15 predicts the Golden State Warriors will win NBA championship
- ray ban Outlet
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives