HighPoint Announces Industry 1st PCI-Express 2.0 x4 Quad eSATA 6Gbs RAID Host Adapter for Apple Mac Pro Platforms
Milpitas CA, - May 13, 2010 HighPoint Technologies announces the RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gbs host adapter. The industry's 1st PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 host adapter with quad independent 6Gb/s eSATA connections unleashing performance and connectivity for Apple Mac Pro platforms.
Features and Compatibility
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD for performance and data protection. RAID 0 and 10 boost performance with striping technology and RAID 1 protects data from a single drive failure with mirroring technology. RAID 5 delivers performance and protection against a failed drive.
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac is compatible with all generations of Apple Intel based Mac Pro platforms. The PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 bus connector is upward compatible with x8 and x16 slots and also backward compatible to PCI-Express Gen 1.0 slots. Hard drive compatibility includes support for SATA 3.0, 2.0 and 1Mac OS X support includes OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and backward compatibility to 10.5.x and 10.4.x.
Versatile External Device Support
External storage connectivity include point to point eSATA devices for the maximum eSATA bandwidth of 600MB/s per connection and PM (port multiplier) enclosures that deliver the best cost to capacity value when scaling to higher capacities.
HighPoint Technologies, Inc. established in 1995, is a professional storage host-based RAID controller manufacturer. We have a dedicated hardware and software engineering teams that design and customize host based RAID and host adapter storage solutions. Our partnerships and alliances assure product compatibility and reliability. HighPoint has office locations in USA, China and Taiwan to provide products and support to localized regions.
HighPoint offers a comprehensive range of host based RAID and host adapter products to support the latest SAS/SATA 6Gb and SATA 6Gb target devices.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- Duran Duran: Streaming music 'is the way forward for the future'
- Save 93% On This Six-Course Node.js Bundle
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC
- Synology Announces RS18016xs+ and RX1216sas NAS Servers
- Giada Announces the P211 OPS-compliant Mini PC