HighPoint Announces Industry 1st PCI-Express 2.0 x4 Quad eSATA 6Gbs RAID Host Adapter for Apple Mac Pro Platforms
Milpitas CA, - May 13, 2010 HighPoint Technologies announces the RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gbs host adapter. The industry's 1st PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 host adapter with quad independent 6Gb/s eSATA connections unleashing performance and connectivity for Apple Mac Pro platforms.
Features and Compatibility
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD for performance and data protection. RAID 0 and 10 boost performance with striping technology and RAID 1 protects data from a single drive failure with mirroring technology. RAID 5 delivers performance and protection against a failed drive.
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac is compatible with all generations of Apple Intel based Mac Pro platforms. The PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 bus connector is upward compatible with x8 and x16 slots and also backward compatible to PCI-Express Gen 1.0 slots. Hard drive compatibility includes support for SATA 3.0, 2.0 and 1Mac OS X support includes OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and backward compatibility to 10.5.x and 10.4.x.
Versatile External Device Support
External storage connectivity include point to point eSATA devices for the maximum eSATA bandwidth of 600MB/s per connection and PM (port multiplier) enclosures that deliver the best cost to capacity value when scaling to higher capacities.
HighPoint Technologies, Inc. established in 1995, is a professional storage host-based RAID controller manufacturer. We have a dedicated hardware and software engineering teams that design and customize host based RAID and host adapter storage solutions. Our partnerships and alliances assure product compatibility and reliability. HighPoint has office locations in USA, China and Taiwan to provide products and support to localized regions.
HighPoint offers a comprehensive range of host based RAID and host adapter products to support the latest SAS/SATA 6Gb and SATA 6Gb target devices.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- GIGABYTE 970-Gaming SLI (AMD 970) Motherboard Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard