HighPoint Announces Industry 1st PCI-Express 2.0 x4 Quad eSATA 6Gbs RAID Host Adapter for Apple Mac Pro Platforms
Milpitas CA, - May 13, 2010 HighPoint Technologies announces the RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gbs host adapter. The industry's 1st PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 host adapter with quad independent 6Gb/s eSATA connections unleashing performance and connectivity for Apple Mac Pro platforms.
Features and Compatibility
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD for performance and data protection. RAID 0 and 10 boost performance with striping technology and RAID 1 protects data from a single drive failure with mirroring technology. RAID 5 delivers performance and protection against a failed drive.
The RocketRAID Quad eSATA 6Gb/s for Mac is compatible with all generations of Apple Intel based Mac Pro platforms. The PCI-Express Gen 2.0 x4 bus connector is upward compatible with x8 and x16 slots and also backward compatible to PCI-Express Gen 1.0 slots. Hard drive compatibility includes support for SATA 3.0, 2.0 and 1Mac OS X support includes OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and backward compatibility to 10.5.x and 10.4.x.
Versatile External Device Support
External storage connectivity include point to point eSATA devices for the maximum eSATA bandwidth of 600MB/s per connection and PM (port multiplier) enclosures that deliver the best cost to capacity value when scaling to higher capacities.
HighPoint Technologies, Inc. established in 1995, is a professional storage host-based RAID controller manufacturer. We have a dedicated hardware and software engineering teams that design and customize host based RAID and host adapter storage solutions. Our partnerships and alliances assure product compatibility and reliability. HighPoint has office locations in USA, China and Taiwan to provide products and support to localized regions.
HighPoint offers a comprehensive range of host based RAID and host adapter products to support the latest SAS/SATA 6Gb and SATA 6Gb target devices.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo says Motorola acquisition 'did not meet expectations'
- Android Auto, CarPlay available for Hyundai vehicles
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- Learn how to make Android apps with this course bundle
- ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 teased, to be unveiled very soon
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition