Mobile Helath Monitoring Expected to Save Billions
Juniper Research reports remote patient monitoring using cellular networks will save healthcare systems $5.83 billion globally by 2014 - mainly in developed countries.
Hampshire, UK -- According to Juniper Research's Mobile Health Opportunities Report, public and private healthcare providers will be able to save between $1.96 billion and $5.83 billion in healthcare costs through the use of remote patient monitoring using cellular networks by the year 2014.
The US and Canadian markets will generate the most cost savings, due to the inherent structure of their health systems, high healthcare costs, and more advanced remote monitoring roll outs: "The cost of a hospital bed, used as a proxy for cost, is much higher in the North American region, partly due to the role of health insurance in the US healthcare sector," says Anthony Cox, Senior Analyst at Juniper Research and author of the report. "This has a direct impact on how much cost remote monitoring can save," he says.
Under both a 'base case' and an 'optimistic' scenario, Mobile monitoring will save healthcare systems vast amounts of money in developed countries, finds the report, though the cost of mobile monitoring means that its deployment is questionable in developing regions.
Further findings from the mobile healthcare report include:
* Establishing the correct route to market for those selling mHealth services will be key to their success
* In the past eighteen months there has been a renewed interest in mHealth from operators globally
* The market for health and fitness mobile applications will thrive, eventually spawning a new market for advanced apps which integrate sensors worn on the body
Latest News Posts
- Secure, Powerful Hard Drive Storage for 20% Off
- Turtle Beach shows off Star Wars Battlefront-themed headphones
- Head of Islamic State Cyber Caliphate killed by drone strike
- Scosche launches the boomBOTTLE+ waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- XCOM 2 delayed to 2016 on all platforms
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20