STEELSERIES ANNOUNCES HEROES OF NEWERTH WORLD CUP
Gamers From Around the Globe Can Compete For Cash Prizes From $40,000 Prize Pool
CHICAGO, MAY 12, 2010 - In celebration of the launch of Heroes of Newerth and the upcoming 2010 FIFA World Cup, SteelSeries and GosuGamers.net are proud to present the SteelSeries HoN World Cup. As players from national soccer teams around the world prepare for the premier competition in their sport, gamers have a chance to take part in a new international eSports competition. Heroes of Newerth players will have a chance to qualify and compete for cash prizes from an impressive $40,000 USD prize pool.
Tournament registration will begin on May 19th and close on June 1st. Qualifiers will be held for each of the 5 main regions:
Southeast Asia Qualifier (Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, and the Philippines through Garena)
Eastern European Qualifier
Western Europe & Africa Qualifier
North & South America Qualifier
Asia, Oceania & Mixed Qualifier
"SteelSeries is proud to kick off the first Heroes of Newerth World Cup Tournament with a community like GosuGamers.net," said SteelSeries CMO, Kim Rom. "This tournament is designed to get players excited for the launch of HoN and to offer gamers from anywhere in the world, from professional to novice skill level, at a chance to show off their skills and win some serious prize money."
A total of 64 qualified teams will battle it out "World Cup-style" in 16 groups of 4 teams with a Bo1 format. The top 2 teams of each group will advance to the playoffs. The double-elimination playoff tournament bracket will feature the remaining 32 teams. Players shouldn't let their fear of elimination deter them from entering. If qualified, players from 64th to 1st place will go home with part of the prize purse.
SteelSeries and GosuGamers.net want players to go home with wads of cash. Each participating team in the SteelSeries HoN World Cup will be asked to pick the nation that they think will win the 2010 FIFA World Cup this summer upon registration for the tournament. The teams that correctly pick the World Cup Champions will automatically be entered into a random lottery in which one lucky team will win $1,000 USD.
SteelSeries, in the coming weeks, will introduce co-branded Heroes of Newerth gaming peripherals. Prior to launching this new line of products, GosuGamers.net registered members will have a chance to submit their HoN concept artwork to the SteelSeries design team to be used on SteelSeries Limited Edition QcK (HoN) mousepads. Full contest details will be announced soon to SteelSeries fans on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/steelseries.
SteelSeries is a leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, including headsets, keyboards, mice, software and gaming surfaces, selling in more than 75 countries. SteelSeries has been on the forefront of professional gaming gear since its inception in 2001, thanks to continued innovation and product development in cooperation with leading professional gamers. All SteelSeries products are developed in co-operation with professional gamers to ensure optimum performance and durability. SteelSeries supports the growth of competitive gaming and electronic sports through professional team sponsorships and community support all over the world. For more information, please visit http://www.SteelSeries.com.
Latest News Posts
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 rumors begin, on the eve of the Radeon RX 480
- System Shock reboot gets 9 minutes of new gameplay footage
- Modders morph Skyrim into amazing standalone RPG Enderal
- China is the first with a 3D printed house, was built-in 45 days
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines