AMD Remote Graphics Enable Comprehensive and Secure Desktop Computing Experience from the Datacenter
New ATI FirePro RG220 graphics card helps IT managers maximize available workspace and helps reduce local power consumption and cooling costs
SUNNYVALE, Calif -5/4/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced a remote graphics option for IT managers seeking to replace existing desktop workstations with energy-efficient thin-client solutions. The ATI FirePro RG220 graphics card delivers a wide-ranging compute experience from the datacenter without compromise, and is designed to help IT managers reduce local power and cooling costs per user while limiting the amount of physical hardware at users' desks.
"Power consumption restrictions in crowded office buildings cause headaches for IT managers trying to find the right balance between energy efficiency, system performance and IT spend for the work environments they manage," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, Professional Graphics, AMD. "The ATI FirePro RG220 can be part of a secure, easy to manage solution, and is now available to enterprises that need to deploy updates to multiple users simultaneously, while still giving the end user the full PC experience they're accustomed to."
"The ATI FirePro RG220 is an extremely compelling solution that combines AMD's graphics innovation and Teradici's PC-over-IP remoting protocol to deliver a rich, uncompromised user experience for today's most demanding graphics applications," said Dan Cordingley, president and CEO, Teradici Corporation. "This integrated GPU and PCoIP host card provides customers with a simple and efficient solution to help ensure data security and to provide a high performance remote experience."
"Parallels is pleased to have the ATI FirePro RG220 support Parallels Workstation Extreme," said Bryan Goode, Vice President of Business Development at Parallels. "By pairing up Parallels and ATI FirePro RG220, customers will be able to remotely run multiple virtual machines on a single workstation which allows new levels of density with near native graphics performance."
ATI FirePro RG220: Features that Matter
The ATI FirePro RG220 delivers many of the same features and benefits users have come to know and expect from the ATI FirePro line of professional graphics cards. Features include:
Low power consumption: a max power consumption of 35-watts per card. Provides IT managers with the ability to fit many systems in one office, while keeping building or floor power requirements in check.
High-Performance, reliable graphics: 512 MB of on-board graphics memory for graphics intensive applications that need to run on two displays at once.
Small form factor: measuring just half the length of a standard PCIe® card, the ATI FirePro RG220 fits into smaller, more efficient systems and only takes up one PCIe® slot within a server.
Security: powered by the network, the ATI FirePro RG220 is part of a secure solution that stores user data behind the firewall and within the confines of the data center, helping to ensure that customer or corporate information is protected. Supports compression of information residing in the data center for transmission over regular IP networks to the end user's thin client system.
Virtualization: Utilizing Parallels Workstation Extreme (PWE), ATI FirePro RG220 offers a traditional graphics experience in a virtual environment, with the flexibility to also support multiple operating systems at each user's desk.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Comcast offers fiber to a US city after suing it for making its own
- Eve opens up donations of in-game currency towards Nepal aid
- PAYDAY 2 just released its 21st DLC - 'The Butcher's Western Pack'
- The new Force Awakens trailer with a terrible twist - Jar Jar Binks
- David Goldberg, cheif executive of SurveyMonkey passes away
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- Gigabyte GA-Z97-UD5H-BK: What changes for revision 1.2?
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future