AMD Remote Graphics Enable Comprehensive and Secure Desktop Computing Experience from the Datacenter
New ATI FirePro RG220 graphics card helps IT managers maximize available workspace and helps reduce local power consumption and cooling costs
SUNNYVALE, Calif -5/4/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced a remote graphics option for IT managers seeking to replace existing desktop workstations with energy-efficient thin-client solutions. The ATI FirePro RG220 graphics card delivers a wide-ranging compute experience from the datacenter without compromise, and is designed to help IT managers reduce local power and cooling costs per user while limiting the amount of physical hardware at users' desks.
"Power consumption restrictions in crowded office buildings cause headaches for IT managers trying to find the right balance between energy efficiency, system performance and IT spend for the work environments they manage," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, Professional Graphics, AMD. "The ATI FirePro RG220 can be part of a secure, easy to manage solution, and is now available to enterprises that need to deploy updates to multiple users simultaneously, while still giving the end user the full PC experience they're accustomed to."
"The ATI FirePro RG220 is an extremely compelling solution that combines AMD's graphics innovation and Teradici's PC-over-IP remoting protocol to deliver a rich, uncompromised user experience for today's most demanding graphics applications," said Dan Cordingley, president and CEO, Teradici Corporation. "This integrated GPU and PCoIP host card provides customers with a simple and efficient solution to help ensure data security and to provide a high performance remote experience."
"Parallels is pleased to have the ATI FirePro RG220 support Parallels Workstation Extreme," said Bryan Goode, Vice President of Business Development at Parallels. "By pairing up Parallels and ATI FirePro RG220, customers will be able to remotely run multiple virtual machines on a single workstation which allows new levels of density with near native graphics performance."
ATI FirePro RG220: Features that Matter
The ATI FirePro RG220 delivers many of the same features and benefits users have come to know and expect from the ATI FirePro line of professional graphics cards. Features include:
Low power consumption: a max power consumption of 35-watts per card. Provides IT managers with the ability to fit many systems in one office, while keeping building or floor power requirements in check.
High-Performance, reliable graphics: 512 MB of on-board graphics memory for graphics intensive applications that need to run on two displays at once.
Small form factor: measuring just half the length of a standard PCIe® card, the ATI FirePro RG220 fits into smaller, more efficient systems and only takes up one PCIe® slot within a server.
Security: powered by the network, the ATI FirePro RG220 is part of a secure solution that stores user data behind the firewall and within the confines of the data center, helping to ensure that customer or corporate information is protected. Supports compression of information residing in the data center for transmission over regular IP networks to the end user's thin client system.
Virtualization: Utilizing Parallels Workstation Extreme (PWE), ATI FirePro RG220 offers a traditional graphics experience in a virtual environment, with the flexibility to also support multiple operating systems at each user's desk.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro runs 'hot enough to cook an egg'
- Resident Evil 7 FPS uncapped on PC, settings revealed
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand