A-DATA Releases USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive NH01
Experience SuperSpeed USB 3.0
Taipei, Taiwan - April 12, 2010 - A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd., the worldwide leader in DRAM memory and Flash application products, today announced the shipment of NH01, the first 2.5-inch portable hard drive equipped with the latest USB 3.0 interface, following its debut at CES back in January. Adopting the new generation of USB 3.0 interface, the A-DATA NH01 is designed to deliver astounding data transfer rates up to 88 MB/s in read and 81 MB/s in write overall, which are proven to be three times faster than the conventional hard drives with USB 2.0 interface based on real-world test results.
The transfer speed has become increasingly critical for external storage devices in order to cope with the nowadays' richer and larger-sized multimedia content. Combining the next-generation interface, users of NH01 are able to enjoy the benefits of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 and save up to 70% on file transfer time compared to the preceding USB 2.0. With the A-DATA NH01, transferring a typical 24GB Blu-ray movie would take just 4.6 minutes as opposed to 14.6 minutes via a conventional USB 2.0 interface1, significantly boosting users' efficiency with no more time wasted on waiting. Other than its superior transfer speed, USB 3.0 also provides improved interaction between device and host computer to deliver enhanced energy efficiency compared to its predecessor.
With various capacities up to 640GB, NH01 offers high-capacity storage solution suitable for system backup or carrying massive data on the go. Along with its outstanding performance, NH01 is elegant and stylish with a glossy front panel and coating around the enclosure. It is also compactly designed to fit right in the pocket. NH01 supports the easy plug-and-play on compatible platforms and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 at a lower speed. Users of A-DATA portable HDDs are able to download value-add software HDDtoGO, OStoGO (no registration required), Norton Internet Security 2010 (60-day trial) for free and experience enhanced mobility and security with just few mouse clicks away. All A-DATA portable HDDs are backed by 3-year product warranty.
1Estimates are based on an average transfer rate of 88MB/s on systems with built-in USB 3.0 function motherboards and 28MB/s via USB 2.0 interface for illustration purposes; results may vary with different platforms and software used.
A-DATA Technology, the world's 2nd largest vendor of DRAM Modules (iSuppli, May 2009), 4th largest of USB Flash Drives (Gartner, May 2009), and the Top 20 global brand in Taiwan, provides complete memory solutions, including DRAM Modules, USB Flash Drives, Memory Cards, Solid State Drives and Portable Hard Drives. Committed to constant innovation, A-DATA delivers first-rate quality and industry-leading product performance to worldwide customers. Widely known for its distinctive design, A-DATA products are internationally recognized by Germany's iF Design Award, Reddot Award, CES Best of Innovations Award, Japan's Good Design Award, Best Choice of Computex Award, and Taiwan Excellence Gold Award. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adata-group.com
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup