ASUS Launches NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX480/470 Graphics Cards with Next Generation GPU Compute Technology
-- The eagerly anticipated ASUS ENGTX400 series powered by NVIDIA's ground breaking GF100 GPU offers gamers' unparalleled 3D realism along with incredible CUDA Compute performance. --
Fremont, CA (March 26th, 2010) - Long awaited by gamers, overclockers and demanding enthusiasts, the latest generation GF100 graphics processor from NVIDIA® is finally here. ASUS is the first to release fully-optimized GTX480/470 graphics cards with customized features that deliver advanced hardware support and performance in the most demanding Microsoft DirectX 11 based gaming titles or applications that can harness the power of CUDA .
Gearing Up for Action
ASUS is excited to release two new cards for the GF100 product launch today. The flagship ENGTX480 utilizes the GTX480 core with an impressive 700MHz core clock speed, 15636MB of GDDR5 memory, and a 384-bit memory interface. The mid-range ENGTX470 ships with a 607MHz core clock speed, 1280MB of GDDR5 memory, and sports an impressive 320-bit memory interface. Both cards offer amazing gaming performance, but gamers are not the only ones to benefit as the next generation NVIDIA CUDA architecture allows a new level of GPU compute performance in numerous non-graphics applications.
Pushing the boundaries of performance
Both new graphics boards feature ASUS' focus on innovation and passion to provide the best gaming and overclocking experience possible via GamerOSD and Voltage Tweak applications. GamerOSD is an award winning in-game application allowing for frame rate monitoring, screenshots, in-game video capture or on-the-fly overclocking.
ASUS' exclusive Voltage Tweak functionality can be enabled and controlled via the Smart Doctor application, covering almost every possible overclocking and overvolting scenario envisioned by users. Additionally the extensive fan control configurations in Smart Doctor allow for complete control of cooling performance of the card, users can even set their own fan ramping profiles.
Ready to Amaze
Consisting of over 3 billion transistors, double the CUDA cores of previous GTX 200 GPUs, and full DirectX 11 support, GF100 is designed for groundbreaking graphics performance. With a revolutionary new scalable geometry pipeline and enhanced anti-aliasing capabilities, GF100 delivers both unrivalled performance and breathtaking image quality in games and media playback.
Combined with NVIDIA's CUDA and DirectCompute parallel processing capabilities along with NVIDIA PhysX®, NVIDIA SLI® and NVIDIA® 3D Vision technologies, the ASUS ENGTX480/470 graphics cards enable a totally immersive user experience on the personal computer.
Visit usa.asus.com for further information and specifications.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with an extensive product portfolio that includes notebooks, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, optical drives, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person. ASUS won 3,268 awards in 2009, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti