Acer Unveils TimelineX Series Energy-Efficient Notebooks
Nothing but an X could have represented the spirit of continuity of the highly successful Acer Timeline series, and underline the incredible performance improvements of the new models. Because while it goes without saying that battery life is fundamental for modern users, it is also true that they can't do without performance. Acer TimelineX embodies both, maintaining the same elegant, slim design that helped it seduce the market one year ago and setting the pace for innovations that make a tangible difference to the final result.
The latest Intel processors, dedicated graphics, HD multimedia, Dolby Home Theater v3 audio, and advanced connectivity combined with more than 8 hours of battery life. The principle behind the Acer TimelineX is exactly the same: optimize PC efficiency. Now though, this no longer means making sacrifices on power and performance.
The choice of components and the technology used are both made with a view to saving energy and environmental responsibility:
The backlit LED panels, combined with Intel Display Power Savings (iDPST), guarantee a 30% reduction in consumption while maintaining the same image quality;
A new generation of hard disk ensures low consumption (about 40% less than standard models) and, at the same time, lower operating temperatures and less noise;
A revised cooling system uses low-energy fans to reduce battery consumption to a minimum;
The new family of Intel Core processors optimizes efficiency automatically by adapting the available power to the workload required.
Nothing is left to chance. Every element that consumes power has been optimized so that it impacts the battery as little as possible, while at the same time delivers full system performance.
Acer PowerSmart technology - the reason this level of battery life is possible - is of course a significant part of this process. One press the PowerSmart key extends the duration of the battery, and guarantees all the freedom a user desires.
But Acer PowerSmart offers even more. It consumes 66% less than the standard required by Energy Star, saving 1.752 watts annually (the equivalent of a 15-watt light bulb left on for 116 days). The intelligent power supply also automatically activates the recharging mode: when the battery is fully charged, the power supply is interrupted, with a notable reduction in energy consumption and stress on the battery itself.
Time(h)=Weight3(kg), a winning formula
While the time/performance ratio increases exponentially, the thin and light combination remains unchanged: a thickness of less than one inch (24 mm) for a weight between 1.8 and 2.4 kg, depending on the dimensions of the notebook.
This minimalist look conceals small details that make it a hallmark of elegance and efficiency. Beginning with the selection of materials. The black aluminium cover makes it as sturdy as notebooks with additional protection, and the satin finish makes it a truly 'digital chic' object. Both these features streamline the overall look, adding a touch of solidity and durability.
The TimelineX continues Acer's journey towards a not-too-distant objective. When time and performance join to create a new formula. More Than Just Time is just the beginning.
Latest News Posts
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- AMD's cheaper Ryzen 5/Ryzen 3 CPUs should launch in Q2
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications