Active Media Products Launches 100MB/sec eSATA Flash Drives
16GB and 32GB External SATA Drives in 3-Inch Case
Fremont, California - March 22, 2010 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and USB drives, today launched eSATA (external SATA) Flash drives that boast sequential read and write speeds up to 100 and 55 MB/sec respectively, about three times faster than the fastest USB 2.0 flash drives. "There are millions of laptops out there with eSATA ports that can take advantage of this performance." commented Jerry Thomson, VP of Sales at Active Media Products.
Active Media Products builds these drives with either 16GB or 32GB of MLC NAND flash. With no moving parts, they offer the same outstanding reliability as SSDs. "eSATA flash drives are a great storage solution for people who need faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0 can offer, yet still need the portability of a USB flash drive." Mr. Thomson added. Because many computers don't have an eSATA port, these drives also feature a Mini USB 2.0 port, so they can be used in virtually any PC or desktop.
These drives come in a gloss black polymer case that measures only 3.1 x 1.1 x 0.4 inches. They are available now worldwide through Amazon for $69.95 (16GB) and $109.95 (32GB).
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20