Active Media Products Launches 100MB/sec eSATA Flash Drives
16GB and 32GB External SATA Drives in 3-Inch Case
Fremont, California - March 22, 2010 - Active Media Products, a leading manufacturer of SSDs and USB drives, today launched eSATA (external SATA) Flash drives that boast sequential read and write speeds up to 100 and 55 MB/sec respectively, about three times faster than the fastest USB 2.0 flash drives. "There are millions of laptops out there with eSATA ports that can take advantage of this performance." commented Jerry Thomson, VP of Sales at Active Media Products.
Active Media Products builds these drives with either 16GB or 32GB of MLC NAND flash. With no moving parts, they offer the same outstanding reliability as SSDs. "eSATA flash drives are a great storage solution for people who need faster transfer speeds than USB 2.0 can offer, yet still need the portability of a USB flash drive." Mr. Thomson added. Because many computers don't have an eSATA port, these drives also feature a Mini USB 2.0 port, so they can be used in virtually any PC or desktop.
These drives come in a gloss black polymer case that measures only 3.1 x 1.1 x 0.4 inches. They are available now worldwide through Amazon for $69.95 (16GB) and $109.95 (32GB).
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in small form factor SSDs and manufactures the Wink and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Clinton's deleted emails won't go public before election
- Palmer Luckey spends money on pro-Trump 'meme magic'
- The biggest telescope begins its search for alien life
- Want to play Battlefield 1 early? Prepare for October 13
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now