Application Performance Increases By Up To 20 Percent with Latest ATI FirePro Graphics Driver
Driver version 8.702 enables real-time Photoshop® CS4 workflows, and support for stereo 3D and DisplayPort audio
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/11/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced professional graphics users can access several new ATI FirePro graphics driver features designed to accelerate application performance and enhance reliability. Available for download, version 8.702 of the ATI FirePro graphics driver incorporates tremendous application tuning efforts, resulting in significant performance improvements - more than 20 percent -for Dassault Systèmes CATIA, Autodesk® 3ds Max® and PTC® ProENGINEER® users, for example1.
"With more than 20 percent performance improvement for many industry leading applications, this new performance driver increases the value for both existing and new ATI FirePro users," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "Certified on more than 90 professional applications, ATI FirePro graphics drivers provide the right combination of application performance, reliability and feature support today's professional need."
Key features of the ATI FirePro graphics driver:
- Compared to previous drivers, version 8.702 provides Dassault Systèmes CATIA users more than 25 percent performance improvement, and Autodesk 3ds Max and PTC Pro/Engineer users more than 20 percent performance improvement1.
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 users can now render images with 10-bit2 per component color, helping provide exact representation of colors
between Photoshop and their 10-bit display, as well as the ability to maintain an enhanced end-to-end 10-bit color workflow.
- In addition to current support of numerous active, passive and autostereoscopic displays, blue-line stereo3 for synchronizing 3D glasses is now supported.
- DisplayPort audio is now enabled on select ATI FirePro professional graphics cards, with support for 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 DTS surround sound as well as 8-channel and 2-channel uncompressed audio4.
Later this year, AMD plans to issue reliability, application performance and feature enhancements in bi-monthly driver updates for notebooks that feature ATI FirePro professional graphics. AMD is working closely with workstation notebook manufacturers to ensure support for this initiative.]
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Free Xbox LIVE games for August leaked
- AMD's Radeon Pro SSG handles 8K 96FPS, thanks to an on-board M.2 SSD
- AMD introduces Radeon Pro WX series, Polaris-based workstation cards
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio