Application Performance Increases By Up To 20 Percent with Latest ATI FireProÂ™ Graphics Driver
Driver version 8.702 enables real-time PhotoshopÂ® CS4 workflows, and support for stereo 3D and DisplayPort audio
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -3/11/2010
AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced professional graphics users can access several new ATI FireProÂ™ graphics driver features designed to accelerate application performance and enhance reliability. Available for download, version 8.702 of the ATI FireProÂ™ graphics driver incorporates tremendous application tuning efforts, resulting in significant performance improvements - more than 20 percent -for Dassault SystĂ¨mes CATIA, AutodeskÂ® 3ds MaxÂ® and PTCÂ® ProENGINEERÂ® users, for example1.
"With more than 20 percent performance improvement for many industry leading applications, this new performance driver increases the value for both existing and new ATI FirePro users," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "Certified on more than 90 professional applications, ATI FirePro graphics drivers provide the right combination of application performance, reliability and feature support today's professional need."
Key features of the ATI FirePro graphics driver:
- Compared to previous drivers, version 8.702 provides Dassault SystĂ¨mes CATIA users more than 25 percent performance improvement, and Autodesk 3ds Max and PTC Pro/Engineer users more than 20 percent performance improvement1.
- AdobeÂ® PhotoshopÂ® CS4 users can now render images with 10-bit2 per component color, helping provide exact representation of colors
between Photoshop and their 10-bit display, as well as the ability to maintain an enhanced end-to-end 10-bit color workflow.
- In addition to current support of numerous active, passive and autostereoscopic displays, blue-line stereo3 for synchronizing 3D glasses is now supported.
- DisplayPort audio is now enabled on select ATI FirePro professional graphics cards, with support for 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 DTS surround sound as well as 8-channel and 2-channel uncompressed audio4.
Later this year, AMD plans to issue reliability, application performance and feature enhancements in bi-monthly driver updates for notebooks that feature ATI FireProÂ™ professional graphics. AMD is working closely with workstation notebook manufacturers to ensure support for this initiative.]
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design