Dell Unveils Next-Generation Precision M4500 Mobile Workstation
For those with the passion to discover, imagine and create the future, "on-the-go" access to workstation-class computing provides the freedom to work wherever inspiration strikes. This passion to create is why Dell continues to push the boundaries of workstation performance and mobility with the announcement today of the world's most powerful 15.6-inch mobile workstation¹-the Dell Precision M4500.
The Dell Precision M4500 joins Dell's family of mobile workstations, which includes the world's most powerful 17 inch mobile workstation, the Dell Precision M6500. The new mobile workstation is designed to liberate creative professionals, designers, animators, engineers and research scientists from their desks. The M4500 also supports the missions of defense customers who require mobile workstation performance and security, including authentication and data encryption, when in the field.
Workstation Mobility Redefined: The Dell Precision M4500The M4500 is the world's first mobile workstation to offer a 64GB SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage and user selectable thermal tables that enable better performance in turbo mode along with extended battery life. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near instant access to email, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops with a new revolutionary technology called Dell Precision ON.
Other product highlights include:
Available with optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core Extreme Edition, Core i7 and Intel Core i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute intensive and memory bandwidth sensitive applications;
Optional NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture;
Optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 100 percent user selectable color gamut support;
Optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad for greater user flexibility;
Enables easy portability with a starting weight of only 6.0 lbs; and,
Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP, along with Red Hat Linux 5.3 64-bit
Like the Dell Precision M6500, the M4500 offers compatibility and optimized performance on 95 key applications from leading Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) such as Adobe, Autodesk, Dassault Systèmes and Schlumberger.
The Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation will be available for order globally in the coming weeks. More details can be found at http://www.dell.com/precision.
Latest News Posts
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis