HighPoint Releases 8 Channel 2nd Generation SAS/SATA 6Gb/s RAID Host Adapter
Milpitas, CA - Feb. 19 2010, HighPoint Technologies, announces shipment of the RocketRAID 2720. The RocketRAID 2720 delivers the next generation of SAS/SATA 6Gb/s performance and 8 channels of internal point-to-point direct connectivity. The newest member broadens the HighPoint RAID product portfolio which now includes SAS/SATA (3Gb/s) plus all generations of SATA (6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s) storage interface.
RocketRAID 2720 Features
The RocketRAID 2720 is first member of the SAS/SATA 6Gb/s RAID host adapter family series. There two SFF-8087 connectors to support up to 8 internal SAS/SATA devices. A PCI-Express 2.0 x8 bus interface is backward compatible to PCI-Express 1.0. HighPoint hardware assisted RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 and JBOD offers a balance of storage performance with protection.
Software support includes a wide range of the operating systems and a user friendly RAID management and monitoring tool for popular OSes such as Windows, Linux and FreeBSD.
Speed Boost from PCI-Express 2.0
A speed boost from PCI-Express 2.0 doubles the interconnect. This effectively increases the aggregate bandwidth of an 8-lane link to approximately 4GB/s of throughput. The higher bandwidth will achieve higher performance to support the highest performing SAS and SSD hard drives. The new PCI-Express 2.0 is commonly found in current server and high-end workstation configurations.
With Smart Connectivity the RocketRAID 2720 has the flexibility to support either 15,000 RPM SAS and SSDs hard drives for performance and low cost SATA hard drives for capacity. The RocketRAID 2720 retains backward compatibility for SAS (3Gb/s) and for all generations of SATA (6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s) hard drives. The ability to deploy either type of drives allows the computer system to be optimized for specific application and cost requirements. Disks with SAS interfaces and SSD's are designed to meet the characteristics of highest performing environments while SATA interfaces are tailored for environments that require performance and capacity.
Availability - The RocketRAID 2720 is available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs, and ASI). MSRP for the RocketRAID 2720 is $328.90
Latest News Posts
- Julian Assange won't be given asylum in France
- Free Course! Learn Essential Programming Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Star Wars: Battlefront screenshots in 4K look absolutely incredible
- Stealing keys through the help of 3D printing is a possibility
- Sharkoon offers a mouse and bungee with USB hub for under $55
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors