HighPoint Releases 8 Channel 2nd Generation SAS/SATA 6Gb/s RAID Host Adapter
Milpitas, CA - Feb. 19 2010, HighPoint Technologies, announces shipment of the RocketRAID 2720. The RocketRAID 2720 delivers the next generation of SAS/SATA 6Gb/s performance and 8 channels of internal point-to-point direct connectivity. The newest member broadens the HighPoint RAID product portfolio which now includes SAS/SATA (3Gb/s) plus all generations of SATA (6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s) storage interface.
RocketRAID 2720 Features
The RocketRAID 2720 is first member of the SAS/SATA 6Gb/s RAID host adapter family series. There two SFF-8087 connectors to support up to 8 internal SAS/SATA devices. A PCI-Express 2.0 x8 bus interface is backward compatible to PCI-Express 1.0. HighPoint hardware assisted RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 and JBOD offers a balance of storage performance with protection.
Software support includes a wide range of the operating systems and a user friendly RAID management and monitoring tool for popular OSes such as Windows, Linux and FreeBSD.
Speed Boost from PCI-Express 2.0
A speed boost from PCI-Express 2.0 doubles the interconnect. This effectively increases the aggregate bandwidth of an 8-lane link to approximately 4GB/s of throughput. The higher bandwidth will achieve higher performance to support the highest performing SAS and SSD hard drives. The new PCI-Express 2.0 is commonly found in current server and high-end workstation configurations.
With Smart Connectivity the RocketRAID 2720 has the flexibility to support either 15,000 RPM SAS and SSDs hard drives for performance and low cost SATA hard drives for capacity. The RocketRAID 2720 retains backward compatibility for SAS (3Gb/s) and for all generations of SATA (6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s) hard drives. The ability to deploy either type of drives allows the computer system to be optimized for specific application and cost requirements. Disks with SAS interfaces and SSD's are designed to meet the characteristics of highest performing environments while SATA interfaces are tailored for environments that require performance and capacity.
Availability - The RocketRAID 2720 is available exclusively through channel distribution partners (Bell Micro, D and H, MaLabs, and ASI). MSRP for the RocketRAID 2720 is $328.90
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017