NEW SONY CYBER-SHOT CAMERA'S VIDEO CAPTURE GOES HIGH DEF
SAN DIEGO, Aug. 28, 2008 - Sony is adding high-definition movie recording to its digital camera line with the introduction of the Cyber-shot® DSC-T500 model.
This 10-megapixel camera features wide and full-screen 720p movie recording at 30 frames per second in fine, standard and VGA recording modes. This resolution is three times higher than standard-definition movies.
The movie function is based on the MPEG4 AVC/H.264 codec for video compression and stereo audio. Benefits of the format include high-quality video as well as small file sizes that are easy to download, upload and share.
"Our research revealed that people like to shoot video with their point-and-shoot cameras, but were very dissatisfied with the video quality and the resulting large files," said Phil Lubell, director of digital camera marketing at Sony Electronics. "Our new T500 fulfills this customer need for a digital camera that delivers high-quality movies in a small form factor."
Movie capture on this model is further enhanced to include zoom while in recording mode and high-sensitivity shooting for natural- or low-light environments.
The camera can continuously record a video clip up to 10 minutes in length. It can hold hours of clips by expanding the camera's capacity with a Memory Stick® media card (media sold separately), which now has capacities up to 16 GB.
It also features a dual photo and video capture mode. Simply press the photo button while in movie mode and capture up to three photos with no recording interruption.
Powerful Features for Exceptional Images
The T500 camera integrates a wide (16:9), 3.5-inch (measured diagonally), transflective, touch panel LCD screen for easy navigation, framing and viewing in strong light conditions. It has a Carl Zeiss® 5x optical zoom lens with a wide field of view (33 - 165 mm, 35 mm equivalency). It incorporates Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and high sensitivity settings up to ISO3200 helps combat blur and facilitate flash-free shooting for natural-exposed photos.
The model also incorporates face detection technology, an intelligent function that automatically detects up to eight faces in the camera frame and adjusts focus, exposure and flash.
High Definition Living
The T500 camera connects to a compatible HD television via an HDMI cable (sold separately). Photos and videos can be enjoyed as slide shows in high definition for a cinematic experience.
Subjects can take center stage as slideshows move through sophisticated pans, fades and wipes. Slide shows are given a boost with background music, including use of up to four pre-recorded music tracks of up to five minutes in length. You can even add your own tunes, using the bundled software.
Pricing and Availability
The DSC-T500 is supplied with Picture Motion Browser software for easy organizing and viewing of images. Sleek and compact, it will ship in elegant black with a brushed metal finish in late September for about $400.
All cameras and a range of accessories can be purchased online at sonystyle.com, at Sony Style® retail stores (www.sonystyle.com/retail), at military base exchanges, and at authorized dealers nationwide. Pre-orders begin on Aug. 29 at http://www.sonystyle.com.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives