Microsoft's SideWinder X4 Keyboard Debuts Advanced Anti-Ghosting Technology
What gamers request most is better control in-game, and today Microsoft Hardware launches the SideWinder X4 Keyboard, a keyboard designed to give gamers more control over their gaming experience with the industry's most advanced anti-ghosting technology. Developed by the Applied Sciences Group, this new technology ensures gamers' most complex key combinations will be recognized by the computer to keep the game in action. The new keyboard also offers other advanced gaming features such as macro recording, mode and profile switching, and adjustable backlighting.
The Applied Sciences Group, an interdisciplinary research and development team that works across the Microsoft Entertainment & Devices Division doing applied research for Microsoft Hardware, Microsoft Surface and Xbox 360, developed the anti-ghosting technology with gamers in mind. The advanced technology takes anti-ghosting to the next level by allowing gamers to press up to 26 keys at once. Because each key is scanned independently by the keyboard hardware, each key press is correctly detected regardless of how many other keys are being pressed at the same time. The SideWinder X4 Keyboard excels where other keyboards fail, letting users execute key combinations and taking full advantage of their skill and speed.
"We're always looking for new and novel ways to enhance people's interactions with their PCs," said Steven Bathiche, research manager of the Applied Sciences Group at Microsoft. "We know that ghosting can be a problem for gamers, so we wanted to develop a way to eliminate this issue and improve the overall gaming experience, and we've succeeded with the new anti-ghosting technology in the SideWinder X4 Keyboard."
Precise Gaming Keyboard With Advanced Features
The SideWinder X4 Keyboard also offers more of the features gamers need to stay at the top of their game. Macro recording lets them string together multiple moves into one press of a button, and the new automatic macro repetition feature lets them repeat the macro over and over as needed with one key. Mode and profile switching also provides easy ways to customize the keyboard for different games and users while adjustable backlighting lets gamers select the lighting level that meets their needs.
Pricing and Availability
The SideWinder X4 Keyboard will be available in March 2010 for the estimated retail price of $59.95 (U.S)1 and will be available for pre-sale on Amazon.com later this week. The SideWinder X4 Keyboard is backed by a worldwide three-year limited hardware warranty, and more information about this and other Microsoft Hardware products can be found here.
Latest News Posts
- Rocket League racks up 5 million downloads in only 22 days
- Sony plans to open polls for new PS Plus games
- Facebook expects big things from next step: virtual reality
- Microsoft says PC to Xbox One game streaming is 'challenging'
- Microsoft trying to find ways to boost Xbox One, game sales in China
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Win10 - Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Z68X-UD3-B3
- Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Gaming Headset Review
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia