ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre Supports NVIDIA CUDA
ArcSoft, Inc. announced today that ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre, its universal multimedia player, now supports NVIDIA CUDA which provides DVD upscaling through Graphics Processing Units (GPUs).
Devising its SimHD post processing technology with NVIDIA CUDA, ArcSoft is accelerating TotalMedia Theatres DVD upscale performance on GPUs to deliver viewers a close-to-HD video from the standard definition multimedia files and DVDs, offering them a sharper and more vivid picture in real time.
"The newly released, CUDA-powered SimHD technology is available in TotalMedia Theatre to allow viewers to obtain a HD-like viewing experience from not only DVDs, but also other standard definition multimedia files,"said George Tang, ArcSoft Vice President and General Manager of Video and Home Entertainment Group. "We are pleased to be partnering with NVIDIA to deliver excellence in high-definition video on the PC."
"CUDA provides our software partners an environment to develop high-level applications utilizing NVIDIA GPU accelerations," said Patrick Beaulieu, NVIDIAs Product Marketing Manager, Multimedia Group. "ArcSoft SimHD technology in TotalMedia Theatre sets a great example which harnesses the power of NVIDIA GPUs for much-enhanced video processing."
TotalMedia Theatre utilizes general purpose GPUs (GPGPU) to provide sufficient power for intensive post processing technology such as SimHD. The application is compatible for use with NVIDIA GeForce 8 and 9 series GPUs. ArcSoft will continue working to deploy other technologies on NVIDIA CUDA.
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre with SimHD technology will be available in Q4, 2008. For a live demonstration, visit NVIDIA (booth 220) at NVISION 08, taking place at the San Jos McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, CA. For more information about the product, please visit http://www.arcsoft.com/intouch/totalmediatheatrepr.
NVIDIA is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. NVIDIA's inaugural NVISION 08 conference will be held August 25-27, 2008 in San Jose, California. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com and http://www.nvision2008.com.
ArcSoft, Inc. is an industry leading software developer of multimedia technologies and applications across desktop and embedded platforms. Working closely with major OEM manufacturers, ArcSoft offers a full line of imaging and video solutions that enhance the features, performance, and user experience of mobile phones, digital cameras, optical drives, personal computers, and consumer electronics devices. For further details, visit http://www.arcsoft.com.
All rights reserved. ArcSoft and the ArcSoft logo are registered trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. ArcSoft TotalMedia is a trademark of ArcSoft, Inc. All other products and companies named herein are trademarks of their respective owners.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sold less iPhones this quarter, revenues are also down
- Life is Strange getting a live-action episodic series
- Nintendo financials plunge, even with Pokemon GO's immense success
- Crucial expands its affordable MX300 SSD range with 3 new drives
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics card powers 16K display, or 15,360 x 8640
- PW-IE20AH51T0 compatible with PC-G70 ?
- D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio