All new Eee PC 901 to hit Australian shores
ASUS releases new Eee PC 901 in response to overwhelming demand
Sydney, Australia, June 19, 2008 - ASUS today announced the release of the new Eee PC 901 with Intel Atom processor.
In response to overwhelming demand, ASUS is once again making waves with the latest addition to the Eee PC family. This latest generation of the ever popular "world's easiest PC" marks the world premiere of the Intel Atom processor - Intel's smallest processor built with the world's smallest transistors. Additionally, the Eee PC 901 is equipped with ASUS' exclusive Super Hybrid Engine technology prolonging battery lifespan, Bluetooth and pre-N wireless module for advanced mobile computing. Finished in IMR for a sleek look, the Eee PC 901 will be available in Pearl White and Shine Black.
Designed to sustain hard bumps and shocks with its built-in Solid State Drive (SSD) technology, the Eee PC 901 is also quiet, produces less heat and is energy saving for reliable and stable computing on-the-go. Furthermore, with the Super Hybrid Engine technology users can easily adjust CPU frequency, voltage and LCD brightness to minimise system noise and energy consumption to save up to 15% power, or maximise performance according to individual needs.
With the choice of Windows XP (12GB SSD) or Linux (20GB SSD) operating system, the Eee PC 901 enables users to easily function to suit differing requirements. The 8.9" display screen with 1024 x 600 resolution allows users to view a single A4 page without the need to scroll left or right, making it easier when reading or working on documents. Paired with a 1.3M pixel webcam, Bluetooth and pre-N wireless internet connection capabilities, the Eee PC 901 is ideal for effortless web communications.
On the whole, the all new Eee PC 901 is the ideal travelling companion providing users with easy, excellent and exciting computing - AND a fresh perspective!
The Eee PC 901 will be available in Australia late June 2008 with a recommended retail price of AU$649 inc GST through computer resellers.
- Eee PC 701 4G - Windows XP and Linux
AU$479 inc GST
- Eee PC 900 - Windows XP and Linux
AU$549 inc GST
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Uber will soon offer cars on lease to secure more drivers
- EA: Star Wars Battlefront enjoying "extremely strong pre-orders"
- 'Game of Thrones' to live beyond 7 seasons
- Sony teases a new smartphone for that will take 'split-second photos'
- Ubisoft announces Zombi for Xbox One, PS4 and PC for August 18
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- GA-Z87X-UD4H - System Crash During AppCenter Update. Am I Hosed?
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Innodata Reports Second Quarter 2015 Results
- MSI Launches Lean, Mean Gaming Machine, the Nightblade MI
- ADATA Launches the HD720 Rugged External Hard Drive
- Sharkoon Announces QuickPort XT Duo Clone and QuickPort XT HC Drive Docks
- Nexon and Electronic Arts to Bring PC Online Titanfal Experience to Asia