Sony Ericsson Xperia introduces an integrated world of communication and entertainment with NTT DOCOMO
Tokyo, Japan - January 21, 2010 - Sony Ericsson today announces that it is strengthening its portfolio by launching Xperia (SO-01B) with NTT DOCOMO,INC. in Japan in April 2010. This Xperia phone builds on top of the Open OS Android platform and creates a unique Sony Ericsson user experience by combining best-in-class entertainment features with signature applications.
Signature applications Mediascape and Timescape let users organise everything in their phone in an intuitive way:
Sony Ericsson Mediascape is the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos you want from your favourite friends and artists. It accesses content from everywhere - your phone, YouTube, PlayNow - and presents everything for you
Sony Ericsson Timescape manages all your communication with one person in one place. Browse through your conversations the bright way to check out your Facebook, Twitter, photos, emails, and texts all in one go
The Xperia phone also includes an 8.1MP camera, intelligent face recognition features and the new "infinite button" which guides you through the connected world, aggregating all your interactions with one person into one view.
Mr. Kiyohito Nagata, Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Product Department of NTT DOCOMO said, "NTT DOCOMO is creating a new communication culture combining mobile phones and services. Xperia offers a totally new communication entertainment experience that goes beyond users' expectations and so we are delighted to be adding this new product into our product portfolio."
Bert Nordberg, President, Sony Ericsson said, 'Japan is a hugely important market for Sony Ericsson and we are honored and happy to introduce this phone to Japanese users in the most advanced mobile market in the world. With the Xperia phone we are taking a step towards realising our strategy to become the communication entertainment brand by introducing entertainment-rich phones that make communication more playful and multiply and enrich opportunities to connect."
The Xperia phone for NTT DOCOMO comes with stereo headset and 16GB microSD.
Xperia SO-01B at a glance:
- Sony Ericsson Mediascape; the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos in intuitive way
- Sony Ericsson Timescape and "advanced" social phonebook to manage all your communication in one view and Intelligence capabilities like infinite button and face recognition function , integrated into Mediascape and Timescape to let you discover more in truly open way
- High quality photo communication feature, with 8.1 megapix AF camera
- 1GHz CPU, 4.0 inch wideVGA LCD/ Full touch, WiFi, HSUPA
- Flexible UI and Japanese word prediction system POBox Touch 1.0
- Human curvature design and form
The SO-O1B is the Japanese version of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Latest News Posts
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launching today
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 rumors begin, on the eve of the Radeon RX 480
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines