Sony Ericsson Xperia introduces an integrated world of communication and entertainment with NTT DOCOMO
Tokyo, Japan - January 21, 2010 - Sony Ericsson today announces that it is strengthening its portfolio by launching Xperia (SO-01B) with NTT DOCOMO,INC. in Japan in April 2010. This Xperia phone builds on top of the Open OS Android platform and creates a unique Sony Ericsson user experience by combining best-in-class entertainment features with signature applications.
Signature applications Mediascape and Timescape let users organise everything in their phone in an intuitive way:
Sony Ericsson Mediascape is the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos you want from your favourite friends and artists. It accesses content from everywhere - your phone, YouTube, PlayNow - and presents everything for you
Sony Ericsson Timescape manages all your communication with one person in one place. Browse through your conversations the bright way to check out your Facebook, Twitter, photos, emails, and texts all in one go
The Xperia phone also includes an 8.1MP camera, intelligent face recognition features and the new "infinite button" which guides you through the connected world, aggregating all your interactions with one person into one view.
Mr. Kiyohito Nagata, Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Product Department of NTT DOCOMO said, "NTT DOCOMO is creating a new communication culture combining mobile phones and services. Xperia offers a totally new communication entertainment experience that goes beyond users' expectations and so we are delighted to be adding this new product into our product portfolio."
Bert Nordberg, President, Sony Ericsson said, 'Japan is a hugely important market for Sony Ericsson and we are honored and happy to introduce this phone to Japanese users in the most advanced mobile market in the world. With the Xperia phone we are taking a step towards realising our strategy to become the communication entertainment brand by introducing entertainment-rich phones that make communication more playful and multiply and enrich opportunities to connect."
The Xperia phone for NTT DOCOMO comes with stereo headset and 16GB microSD.
Xperia SO-01B at a glance:
- Sony Ericsson Mediascape; the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos in intuitive way
- Sony Ericsson Timescape and "advanced" social phonebook to manage all your communication in one view and Intelligence capabilities like infinite button and face recognition function , integrated into Mediascape and Timescape to let you discover more in truly open way
- High quality photo communication feature, with 8.1 megapix AF camera
- 1GHz CPU, 4.0 inch wideVGA LCD/ Full touch, WiFi, HSUPA
- Flexible UI and Japanese word prediction system POBox Touch 1.0
- Human curvature design and form
The SO-O1B is the Japanese version of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10.
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis