Active Media Products Delivers Atomix¬ô SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Upgrade Adapters for PCIe and Express Card Slots
The Fast, Easy way to Upgrade any Desktop or Laptop to Support New USB 3.0 Peripherals
Fremont, California - January 12, 2010- Active Media Products, manufacturer of SSDs and innovative USB drives, today launched a pair of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 adapters designed to upgrade desktop and laptop computers to USB 3.0.
Atomix PX is a two port USB 3.0 adapter card with a PCI Express (PCIe) interface that works in virtually any desktop PC with an available PCIe slot. Atomix EC is a two port USB 3.0 adapter card with an Express Card interface that works in most laptops that have an Express Card slot. "These adapters were designed to facilitate the migration to USB 3.0 by offering a quick and easy upgrade path for most existing desktops and laptops", Active Media Products' VP of Sales, Jerry Thomson said in a statement.
USB 3.0 supports up to 4.8 Gbits/sec bandwidth, ten times faster than USB 2.0. These cards are also fully backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices. Both adapters feature supplemental power input jacks to support power hungry USB 3.0 peripherals. Both these upgrade cards are available now through Amazon worldwide for under $40.
ABOUT ACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTS
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to bring new technology to market a step ahead of the competition. AMP is a leader in netbook SSD upgrades and manufactures the Obama and the endangered species line of USB drives.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications