-- GIGABYTE and Team Australia Win F1 OC 3DMark06 IGP Challenge --
-- GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H Sets New 3DMark06 World Record of 4,301--
Taipei, Taiwan, December 2, 2009 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions proudly announced that the highest 3DMark06 score in the November, 2009 F1 OC 3DMark06 IGP Challenge was achieved by YoungPro from Team Australia using a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 processor. The result smashes the 4000 point barrier and sets a new world record for 3DMark06 IGP at an astounding 4,301. Benny from Team Indonesia, also using a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H, came in a respectable second with a score of 3,526.
The F1 OC competition is held by TheOverclocker.com and brings together the world's top overclockers representing 13 different countries. November's event ran from November 1st to 31st, where participants had to battle it out on any IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) platform of their choice and submit their highest 3DMark06 score. A remarkable 60% of contestants in this month's competition were using a GIGABYTE branded motherboard, highlighting GIGABYTE's strong leadership in designing the industry's most overclockable IGP motherboards.
"It's exciting to see overclockers really getting into IGP overclocking for a change because so much of our R&D goes into these boards," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director Marketing Division, GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. "We congratulate YoungPro for his win (and Benny for making him work for it), and look forward to more successes from GIGABYTE motherboards as we enter the final F1 OC 2009 challenge in December."
"Gigabyte's superb performance throughout F1OC is testament to the company's belief in overclocking," said Nick Ross, Editor, The Overclocker and Chairman of http://www.f1oc.org. "That it's won another round with yet another huge world record is great news for overclocking and technology general. Results such as this might seem out of reach of mere mortal users, but what the likes of Australia's YoungPro and Indonesia's Benny have done is create a level of advanced performance that will trickle down and eventually affect all motherboard users for the better."
"This round of F1OC was the most enjoyable for us so far," said James Travaskis (aka YoungPro) from Team Australia. "GIGABYTE has really listened to the overclocking community and the GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H motherboard is a perfect example in terms of its ease of overclocking and extensive overclocking specific features, giving us the edge required to win this month's competition."
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Working to create a driverless truck corridor from Mexico to Canada
- Researchers teaching robots to have better dexterity and speed
- US, European consumers quickly buy accessories from Xiaomi Mi store
- Trying to make hit mobile game and generate revenue proving difficult
- Americans think privacy is important, but doubt its possibility
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- PC-Q26 and BP2SATA...
- GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Bluetooth not working
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications