-- GIGABYTE and Team Australia Win F1 OC 3DMark06 IGP Challenge --
-- GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H Sets New 3DMark06 World Record of 4,301--
Taipei, Taiwan, December 2, 2009 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co., Ltd, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards and other computing hardware solutions proudly announced that the highest 3DMark06 score in the November, 2009 F1 OC 3DMark06 IGP Challenge was achieved by YoungPro from Team Australia using a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H motherboard and AMD Phenom II X4 processor. The result smashes the 4000 point barrier and sets a new world record for 3DMark06 IGP at an astounding 4,301. Benny from Team Indonesia, also using a GIGABYTE GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H, came in a respectable second with a score of 3,526.
The F1 OC competition is held by TheOverclocker.com and brings together the world's top overclockers representing 13 different countries. November's event ran from November 1st to 31st, where participants had to battle it out on any IGP (Integrated Graphics Processor) platform of their choice and submit their highest 3DMark06 score. A remarkable 60% of contestants in this month's competition were using a GIGABYTE branded motherboard, highlighting GIGABYTE's strong leadership in designing the industry's most overclockable IGP motherboards.
"It's exciting to see overclockers really getting into IGP overclocking for a change because so much of our R&D goes into these boards," commented Tim Handley, Deputy Director Marketing Division, GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. "We congratulate YoungPro for his win (and Benny for making him work for it), and look forward to more successes from GIGABYTE motherboards as we enter the final F1 OC 2009 challenge in December."
"Gigabyte's superb performance throughout F1OC is testament to the company's belief in overclocking," said Nick Ross, Editor, The Overclocker and Chairman of http://www.f1oc.org. "That it's won another round with yet another huge world record is great news for overclocking and technology general. Results such as this might seem out of reach of mere mortal users, but what the likes of Australia's YoungPro and Indonesia's Benny have done is create a level of advanced performance that will trickle down and eventually affect all motherboard users for the better."
"This round of F1OC was the most enjoyable for us so far," said James Travaskis (aka YoungPro) from Team Australia. "GIGABYTE has really listened to the overclocking community and the GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H motherboard is a perfect example in terms of its ease of overclocking and extensive overclocking specific features, giving us the edge required to win this month's competition."
About GIGABYTE Upgrade Your Life
GIGABYTE, headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, is known as a global leading brand in the IT industry, with employees and business channels in almost every country. Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE started as a research and development team and has since taken the lead in the world's motherboard market. On top of motherboards and graphics accelerators, GIGABYTE further expanded its product portfolio to include notebook and desktop PCs, digital home entertainment appliances, networking servers, communications, mobile and handheld devices, servicing every facet of people's lives at home or business. Everyday GIGABYTE aims to "Upgrade Your Life" with the most innovative designs and impeccable quality and services. Visit http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for more information.
Latest News Posts
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- Viral vandalism video sees young woman 'completely humiliated'
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS