Logitech to Acquire LifeSize Communications
FREMONT, Calif. and ROMANEL-SUR-MORGES, Switzerland, Nov. 10, 2009 - Logitech International (SIX: LOGN) (Nasdaq: LOGI), a leader in PC video communication, today announced that it has agreed to acquire privately held LifeSize Communications of Austin, Texas for $405 million in cash. LifeSize is a global leader in high definition (HD) video communication solutions, with more than 9,000 video conferencing customers across 80 countries in large enterprises, small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) and public healthcare, education and government organizations.
LifeSize's industry leading HD video conferencing solutions provide superior quality of experience and are flexible, easy to use, install and manage - with unmatched price/performance.
"We expect this acquisition to enable Logitech to extend our leadership in video communication beyond the desktop," said Gerald P. Quindlen, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "Together we can make life-like, HD-quality video communication as mainstream and seamless as a telephone, for meeting participants in the boardroom, at their office desk, in a remote-location meeting room, telecommuting from home or on the go with a laptop."
"LifeSize was founded on the vision of providing life-like visual-communication solutions to change the way the world communicates," said Craig Malloy, LifeSize co-founder and chief executive officer. "We believe that together with Logitech, we can realize that vision for all enterprises - private and public - and small and medium businesses. Our combined proven innovation can accelerate mainstream adoption of video communication by anyone, anywhere."
Logitech and LifeSize plan to pursue existing and new relationships with unified communications, collaboration and VoIP industry partners and competitors to drive the development of an open eco-system for interoperable video communication.
Logitech and LifeSize also expect to further video communication growth by leveraging their combined technology expertise as well as Logitech's world-class manufacturing and supply chain operations, extensive R&D, expertise in user experience and globally recognized brand.
Logitech plans for LifeSize to operate as a separate division in Austin under the leadership of Mr. Malloy as the LifeSize Communications chief executive officer, reporting to Mr. Quindlen. LifeSize expects approximately $90 million in revenue in CY 2009, with CY 2010 revenue expected to grow between 40 percent and 60 percent. Logitech expects the acquisition to be neutral to slightly positive to its operating income (excluding acquisition-related charges) in FY 2011, ending March 31, 2011, and positive thereafter.
The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions, including antitrust approval, and is expected to close in December.
Logitech will hold its Analyst and Investor Day in New York City on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. A discussion of this acquisition will be included in the briefing. A live webcast of the briefing, along with presentation slides, will be available on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Analysts unsure of GoPro's long-term success, as competition rises
- Avengers: Age of Ultron has second-best movie opening in US
- Windows 10 will arrive for Xbox One after PC, features remain unknown
- Comcast offers fiber to a US city after suing it for making its own
- Eve opens up donations of in-game currency towards Nepal aid
- HIS MusiX Air Wireless Bluetooth IPX7 Water Resistant Speaker Review
- Wake on lan problem
- GB G97x ud5 bk with Kingston Hyperx Predator SHPM2280p2H/240g pcie ssd
- Crucial C300 and M4 dont work together on Asrock Z68 Extreme4en3
- Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming-3 RAM problem with Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP
- CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE ASCENDANCE AVAILABLE NOW ON PLAYSTATION AND PC
- ESL Mortal Kombat X launch event establishes title as a force in fighting game esports
- PLEX for GOOD - Nepal Earthquake Relief
- The 21st DLC for PAYDAY 2, "The Butcher's Western Pack" launched on Steam April 30th
- COUGAR celebrates first year in Gaming Peripherals, announces exciting future