OCZ Joins Forces with ASUS for Overclocking Showdown at Dreamhack Winter 2009
Get ready for some serious benchmarking! OCZ and ASUS will hold the world's first 3DMark overclocking competition at this year's Dreamhack Winter 2009 November 27-28 in Sweden, calling to computer enthusiasts throughout the world. With skill as the only factor, this truly unique competition removes the element of variables such as different grades and quality of CPU, GPU, and other computing components. The aim is to create an overclocking competition that is truly viable as a sport opposed to a product exhibition, and give everyone involved an equal chance to test their mettle.
"OCZ is proud to partner with Asus, Intel and Microsoft for the overclocking competition at Dreamhack 2009, the world's largest computer festival," commented Tobias Brinkmann, Director of Marketing EMEA for OCZ Technology. "OCZ Memory, PSU, and SSD are the ultimate choice for enthusiasts worldwide. The overclockers at Dreamhack will have the pleasure to bench with the best hardware currently on the market, including OCZ DDR3 Low Voltage Memory, the renowned Vertex SSD Series, and the powerful and ultra-efficient Z-Series PSU."
The systems used in the competition will feature the most cutting-edge hardware and software for overclocking from leading manufacturers like ASUS, Intel, Microsoft and OCZ:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
ASUS ROG Maximus III Formula
ASUS EAH5870 (2 in CrossfireX)
ASUS ROG Notebook for ROG Connect
OCZ DDR3 w/ Elpida Hyper, OCZ Vertex Series
OCZ Z-Series 1000W Gold Certified PSU
Intel Core i7 870
The overclocker with the highest total 3DMark Vantage "Performance Preset" score moves on to the next level bracket to go on to become the champion of Dreamhack. World renowned 3DMark-overclockers Massman (Belgium), Hipro5 (Greece), SF3D (Finland), Stummerwinter (Germany), Gorgioprimo (Italy), Elmor (Sweden), Sampsa (Finland), and ME4ME (Sweden) will battle for the Republic of Gamers (ROG) Champion title!
DreamHack is the world's largest computer festival and holds the official world record as world's largest LAN party in the Guinness Book of Records. During 2008 DreamHack reached over 70.000 unique visitors with its activities around the Nordic countries. DreamHack holds several festivals each year, BYOC Qualifiers and expos. The Spring Season ends with the Season Finals at DreamHack Summer and the Fall Season ends with DreamHack Winter. The major festivals take place during 4 days, 24-7.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- 'Deadpool' director Tim Miller walks from sequel
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook