NVIDIA GeForce GPUs Create the Ultimate Gaming Platform with Windows 7
Combination of NVIDIA GPUs and Windows 7 Take Gaming to New Levels of Immersion, Delivering Best Experience Yet for PC Gamers
SANTA CLARA, Calif.-Oct. 22, 2009- PC gaming experienced a major inflection point today with the release of Microsoft Corp.'s new Windows 7 operating system, which creates the ultimate gaming platform when combined with NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics processing units (GPUs).
"New advances in parallel computing, physics, and, stereoscopic 3D have amplified the importance of the GPU," said Mike Ybarra, general manager of Windows Product Management at Microsoft. "These advances, combined with Windows 7, DirectX 11, and DirectCompute will transform PC gaming for years to come."
A Windows 7 PC powered by NVIDIA GeForce GPUs will feature technologies that provide an unprecedented level of immersion that make gaming more rewarding than ever, including:
NVIDIA 3D Vision technology turns a 2D world into a fully immersive stereoscopic 3D experience. Characters and objects appear to have real depth and literally jump out of the screen.
NVIDIA PhysX engine turns a static world into a dynamic world that comes to life. Walls can be torn down, with realistic effect. Glass can be shattered. Trees bend in the wind. Water flows with body and force.
NVIDIA SLI technology allows the highest quality and fastest frame rates by combining multiple GeForce GPUs in a PC. On average, SLI technology is up to 15% faster on Windows 7 than on previous Windows operating systems.
Microsoft DirectCompute, a new application program interface (API) for GPU computing, will allow game developers to introduce new visual effects with fewer compromises to performance. Applications include image post-processing, shading & lighting effects, and artificial intelligence.
Microsoft DirectX 11, the next-generation Direct3D API, will enable game developers to take advantage of NVIDIA's next generation GPU architecture, codenamed "Fermi", and create advanced visual effects for upcoming 2010 gaming titles.
"Despite rumors to the contrary, research shows that PC gaming is growing at a rapid pace and NVIDIA is the torchbearer for PC gaming," said Jon Peddie, principal analyst for Jon Peddie Research. "Superior graphics, stereoscopic 3D, and advanced physics are features that differentiate the NVIDIA GeForce gaming experience from gaming consoles and other PC components."
For more information on Windows 7 and NVIDIA GPUs visit http://www.nvidia.com/windows7.
Consumers already running a GeForce GPU with Windows 7 can download the new WHQL-certified drivers supporting DirectCompute directly from http://www.nvidia.com/drivers .
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) awakened the world to the power of computer graphics when it invented the graphics processing unit (GPU) in 1999. Since then, it has consistently set new standards in visual computing with breathtaking, interactive graphics available on devices ranging from portable media players to notebooks to workstations. NVIDIA's expertise in programmable GPUs has led to breakthroughs in parallel processing which make supercomputing inexpensive and widely accessible. Fortune magazine has ranked NVIDIA #1 in innovation in the semiconductor industry for two years in a row. For more information, see http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Bethesda throws a massive game sale on Steam
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook