Lexar Media Launches Enterprise-Class JumpDrive SAFE FIPS-Validated USB Flash Drives
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, announced today the launch of the Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 FIPS and JumpDrive SAFE S3000 USB flash drives. The FIPS 140-2, Level 3-validated, enterprise-class drives, co-developed with Gemalto, are the first to protect critical data with smart card-based security featuring continuous AES 256-bit hardware encryption and a waterproof composite metal housing that meets military 810-F waterproof standards. These security features offer unparalleled data protection without requiring driver or software installation and are an ideal data storage solution for military, government, and enterprise organizations.
"The JumpDrive SAFE S3000 line of secure USB flash drives safeguard information with unsurpassed data protection technology and enterprise-class features that can be easily integrated into any business environment," explained Jyh Chau, senior product marketing manager, Lexar Media. "The receipt of the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation is further proof that the advanced data security capabilities, coupled with the smart card technology, make the JumpDrive SAFE S3000 line among the most secure USB flash drives available today."
Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 drives utilize the most innovative and secure smart card technology trusted by billions of people and thousands of companies and government agencies worldwide in mobile phones, bank cards, and government-issued passports. The smart card provides tamper-proof storage of security information, management of all security computations, and secure authentication. The mandatory user authentication process blocks unauthorized access to the drives, while the smart card protects data from the various hardware and software attacks that can plague unprotected drives.
The JumpDrive SAFE S3000 FIPS is available in capacities of 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB, and the JumpDrive SAFE S3000 is available in 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB. The drives are interoperable between Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, and include a two-year limited warranty. The Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 USB flash drives are now shipping to leading resellers nationwide, and will be available in select European markets in 2010. The drives can also be purchased by visiting the Lexar Store.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS reveals new 34-inch curved 3440 x 1440 Designo ultrawide monitor
- Samsung PM971-NVMe shrinks the SSD in more ways than one
- New GIGABYTE BRIX mini-PC rocks a GTX 950 for quad-display FHD gaming
- GIGABYTE's new AIO features full-sized GPU slot
- Phanteks launches first-ever water block with Glacier G1080
- GA-Z170X-GAMING 5 New build option questions
- Patriot Tab 128GB Micro USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Z170 Extreme7+ Correct USB drivers Win10 x64
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- Patriot presents UHS-II capable EP PRO-II SDXC and microSDXC
- Patriot announces 2TB Ignite SSD
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream