Lexar Media Launches Enterprise-Class JumpDrive SAFE FIPS-Validated USB Flash Drives
Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, announced today the launch of the Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 FIPS and JumpDrive SAFE S3000 USB flash drives. The FIPS 140-2, Level 3-validated, enterprise-class drives, co-developed with Gemalto, are the first to protect critical data with smart card-based security featuring continuous AES 256-bit hardware encryption and a waterproof composite metal housing that meets military 810-F waterproof standards. These security features offer unparalleled data protection without requiring driver or software installation and are an ideal data storage solution for military, government, and enterprise organizations.
"The JumpDrive SAFE S3000 line of secure USB flash drives safeguard information with unsurpassed data protection technology and enterprise-class features that can be easily integrated into any business environment," explained Jyh Chau, senior product marketing manager, Lexar Media. "The receipt of the FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validation is further proof that the advanced data security capabilities, coupled with the smart card technology, make the JumpDrive SAFE S3000 line among the most secure USB flash drives available today."
Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 drives utilize the most innovative and secure smart card technology trusted by billions of people and thousands of companies and government agencies worldwide in mobile phones, bank cards, and government-issued passports. The smart card provides tamper-proof storage of security information, management of all security computations, and secure authentication. The mandatory user authentication process blocks unauthorized access to the drives, while the smart card protects data from the various hardware and software attacks that can plague unprotected drives.
The JumpDrive SAFE S3000 FIPS is available in capacities of 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB, and the JumpDrive SAFE S3000 is available in 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB. The drives are interoperable between Windows and Mac OS X operating systems, and include a two-year limited warranty. The Lexar JumpDrive SAFE S3000 USB flash drives are now shipping to leading resellers nationwide, and will be available in select European markets in 2010. The drives can also be purchased by visiting the Lexar Store.
Latest News Posts
- Free-speech group says China has weaponized its 'Great Firewall'
- Raptr launches Plays.tv for regular video gamers to share pics, videos
- PayPal founder: Companies should evaluate relationship with Indiana
- Have you ever thought about 3D printing a weapon? This man has done it
- Cybersecurity firm outs computer spying campaign from Lebanon
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- AMD's Future of Gaming: FreeSync, DirectX 12, LiquidVR, VR and more
- Asus n5 dh71 subwoofer problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi