AMD and CyberLink Announce Strategic Initiative to Accelerate Popular Consumer Video Applications with Windows 7 DirectX 11 DirectCompute
SUNNYVALE, Calif. - (Business Wire) AMD (NYSE: AMD) and CyberLink Corp announced the companies are expanding their existing engineering engagement with a strategic focus on Microsoft DirectX 11 DirectCompute, taking advantage of the capabilities of AMD's new DirectX 11-capable graphics architecture. The companies will work together to accelerate many computationally intensive tasks in CyberLink applications, such as video transcoding, automated facial recognition and tagging, video editing and processing applications with ATI Stream technology using the full specification capabilities of the new Windows 7 DirectCompute API.
ATI Stream technology allows enabled applications to dynamically take advantage of both the multi-core central processing unit (CPU) and the graphic processing unit (GPU) in a PC for demanding algorithms such as video editing and transcoding from one video format to another. The ATI Radeon HD 5800 series is the only GPU hardware on the market today that supports the entire superset specification of Microsoft DirectX 11.
"CyberLink's applications are known for their intuitive experience and optimized performance," said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. "DirectCompute enables our engineers to significantly ramp up the pace of development of our GPU accelerated software. Thanks to AMD's compelling
PC platforms with ATI Stream technology and support for DirectX 11, CyberLink is leading the industry in accelerating photo and video software performance with DirectCompute."
As the first software developer to take advantage of ATI Stream technology to leverage multi-core CPUs and GPUs to accelerate execution of highly parallel functions, CyberLink continues to set new standards of performance and interactivity across their product offerings.
"DirectX 11, a key set of features in Windows 7, enables developers to take full advantage of the GPUs found in many of today's PCs," said Mike Ybarra, general manager of Windows Product Management at Microsoft Corp. "Specifically, DirectCompute technology helps accelerate the performance across several scenarios that historically took a long time to complete when just using the CPU. CyberLink's support of DirectCompute in their latest applications results in higher performance across these scenarios - something that our joint customers have asked for."
Additional detail on ATI Stream technology can be found at http://www.amd.com/stream.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs and CEs. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: drive manufacturers, graphics-card makers, and top-5 desktop and notebook brands. Today, CyberLink's software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Discs, Digital Home entertainment, TV-on-PC and human resource development. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203).
Latest News Posts
- SandyNet offers 1Gbps unlimited fiber for $60 per month in Oregon
- MAINGEAR launches new gaming PCs featuring Intel Skylake
- World of Warcraft subscriber numbers reach a 9-year low
- Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break release date announced: April 5, 2016
- Diablo 3 has sold over 30 million copies across all platforms
- Intel "Skylake" Core i7-6700K CPU (Z170 Chipset and GT530) Review
- p67 Extreme6 BIOS Update without Windows
- Micron M510DC 480GB Enterprise SATA III SSD Review
- Corsair Hydro H80i GT High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Windows 10 utilities for h97? (F Stream)
- Create More Space for Your Gaming Experience with New Seagate Game Drive for Xbox
- Team17 Reveal Worms WMD and Worms 4
- HighPoint Unveils USB 3.1 Product Line - Fast & Affordable USB 3.1 Connectivity for Mac & PC Platforms!
- HI-REZ STUDIOS UNVEILS PALADINS, A TEAM-BASED SHOOTER WITH STRONG STRATEGY ELEMENTS
- Announcing the talent line-up and series groups for PGL Season 1