TRENDnet First to Market Ultra Compact Wireless N USB Adapter with MIMO Technology
TORRANCE, Calif. -October 7, 2009-TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the availability of the Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB. This is the first product of its size to offer a dual antenna architecture that features powerful Multiple Input Multiple Output, or MIMO, antenna technology-resulting in unmatched wireless range and throughput speed.
The ultra compact form factor is slightly larger than a U.S. quarter; measuring a remarkable 1.3 inches (3.3 cm) from end to end (the same size as TRENDnet's TEW-648UB). Wi-Fi Certification ensures the device complies with the full wireless n Specification. Advanced wireless encryption protects your valuable data. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritizes important video, audio and gaming traffic to create a premium wireless experience.
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter connects a laptop or desktop computer to a wireless n network at up to 8x the speed and 4x the coverage of a wireless g connection. One-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup or WPS technology eliminates the hassle of entering complicated codes in order to connect to a wireless network. Simply press the WPS button on a compatible router (most TRENDnet routers feature a WPS button), then press the WPS button on TRENDnet's Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, confirm that you want to connect, and you're connected!
"This is the first ultra compact wireless n USB adapter on the market to feature MIMO technology." stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "All other solutions, of comparable size, are built around a single antenna or 150Mbps wireless n architecture. The two onboard antennas produce unmatched range and wireless throughput for a product of its size."
The Mini Wireless N Speed USB Adapter, model TEW-649UB, has an MSRP of US $29.99.
This product will be available from all of TRENDnet's online, retail, DMR, and distribution partners.
Latest News Posts
- Uber hack in early 2014 allegedly traced back to the CTO of Lyft
- Light's new camera has 16 camera sensors, takes 52-megapixel photos
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent