ASUS unleashes the Eee Box in Australia
Pioneers in net computing announce the world's smallest PC
Sydney, Australia, August 13, 2008 - ASUS today announced the release of the new Eee Box, a stylish, low power computer with a minimal footprint, and the latest product to emerge from Eee PC family.
Replacing today's bulky and boring PCs, users can refresh their working environment with a compact, neat solution. Designed for prolific emailers, avid web surfers and dedicated Voice over IP (VoIP) users, get comfortable in the box seat and enjoy the exciting novelties the Eee Box has to offer. Read and respond to mailbox matter, make it your own personal jukebox streaming music as well as pictures and video from a media centre or home server, or become a chatterbox and shoot the breeze with friends via VoIP.
The Eee Box is also the perfect choice for enjoying Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). Today, thousands of programs are freely available on the web, allowing users to personalise and watch a roll of TV shows with ease. And, rest assured with ASUS exclusive Express Gate technology, not only will the Eee Box start up in about five seconds, it is also a lockbox offering uncompromising security.
Merely one litre in size, the Eee Box is a charming slim and sleek nettop that allows users to think outside the box. About the size of a paperback novel, users can reclaim the desk space previously lost to bulkier, intrusive desktop systems. Furthermore, it can even be mounted to standard to LCD displays for the ultimate space-saving solution. An accessible touch sensor button and vertical placement exudes a seamless and futuristic outlook, while smooth curves further accentuate a refined form that complements most interior designs.
Inside this modern toolbox, the Eee Box supports the latest WiFi 802.11n wireless standard - providing up to eight times faster connectivity than previous 802.11b/g wireless. Users can download a 30 minute video in only 44 seconds - minimising the wait and allowing time for twice as many movies. *Actual boot time subject to hardware configuration and product model.
What's more, the innovative ASUS thermal solution integrates a unique heat dissipation module with the AI fan - allowing quiet (26db) and comfortable computing. Compared to a full-sized desktop, the Eee Box is an energy-efficient performer reducing power consumption by up to 90%. It also utilises Green Design and is made with only earth-friendly materials for reduced CO2 emissions; and conforms to stringent Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) standards. As a result, users are socially responsible while learning, working and playing in style!
The Eee Box is now available through computer resellers and will be available through selected retail outlets in approximately four weeks from the date of this release. Recommended retail price AU$429 inc GST. Colour available: black.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform