ASUS unleashes the Eee Box in Australia
Pioneers in net computing announce the world's smallest PC
Sydney, Australia, August 13, 2008 - ASUS today announced the release of the new Eee Box, a stylish, low power computer with a minimal footprint, and the latest product to emerge from Eee PC family.
Replacing today's bulky and boring PCs, users can refresh their working environment with a compact, neat solution. Designed for prolific emailers, avid web surfers and dedicated Voice over IP (VoIP) users, get comfortable in the box seat and enjoy the exciting novelties the Eee Box has to offer. Read and respond to mailbox matter, make it your own personal jukebox streaming music as well as pictures and video from a media centre or home server, or become a chatterbox and shoot the breeze with friends via VoIP.
The Eee Box is also the perfect choice for enjoying Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). Today, thousands of programs are freely available on the web, allowing users to personalise and watch a roll of TV shows with ease. And, rest assured with ASUS exclusive Express Gate technology, not only will the Eee Box start up in about five seconds, it is also a lockbox offering uncompromising security.
Merely one litre in size, the Eee Box is a charming slim and sleek nettop that allows users to think outside the box. About the size of a paperback novel, users can reclaim the desk space previously lost to bulkier, intrusive desktop systems. Furthermore, it can even be mounted to standard to LCD displays for the ultimate space-saving solution. An accessible touch sensor button and vertical placement exudes a seamless and futuristic outlook, while smooth curves further accentuate a refined form that complements most interior designs.
Inside this modern toolbox, the Eee Box supports the latest WiFi 802.11n wireless standard - providing up to eight times faster connectivity than previous 802.11b/g wireless. Users can download a 30 minute video in only 44 seconds - minimising the wait and allowing time for twice as many movies. *Actual boot time subject to hardware configuration and product model.
What's more, the innovative ASUS thermal solution integrates a unique heat dissipation module with the AI fan - allowing quiet (26db) and comfortable computing. Compared to a full-sized desktop, the Eee Box is an energy-efficient performer reducing power consumption by up to 90%. It also utilises Green Design and is made with only earth-friendly materials for reduced CO2 emissions; and conforms to stringent Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) standards. As a result, users are socially responsible while learning, working and playing in style!
The Eee Box is now available through computer resellers and will be available through selected retail outlets in approximately four weeks from the date of this release. Recommended retail price AU$429 inc GST. Colour available: black.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than 8,000 and a world-class R&D design team, the company's turnover for 2007 was 6.9 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100" and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service in Taiwan. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- GAINWARD's GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix spotted with black/red/gold look
- Learn how to make Android apps with this course bundle
- ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 teased, to be unveiled very soon
- EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 Superclocked ACX 3.0 spotted, looks awesome
- ZOTAC's new GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! spotted, a new record breaker?
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Asus S300CA screen flickering/stripes
- Asrock MB front HD audio doesn't work (rear works)
- GA-H97-Gaming 3 trying to Raid Two 950pro's via PCIE Apadpter
- GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt not recognized
- Samsung Electronics expands 750 EVO SSD with worldwide availability and increases capacity to 500GB
- Free public gamer event E3 Live to debut in Los Angeles
- Cryorig teases two new cases bound for Computex 2016
- Toshiba launches the OCZ RD400 NVMe SSD series
- Colorful & Bykski announces first water block for GTX 1080 Founders Edition