ASUS Motherboards First to Enable Energy Star® 5.0 Compliance
ASUS, the leading manufacturer of innovative motherboards, today achieved another industry first by enabling PC system builders to meet Energy Star® 5.0 compliance ahead of the competition with its energy-efficient motherboards.
Industry's First Energy Star 5.0 Compliance through Innovations in Motherboard Efficiency
Boosting energy efficiency in its solutions through innovation is one of ASUS' key drives to help protect the environment. In view of this goal, ASUS has enabled PC system builders to comply with Energy Star 5.0 standards with its leading motherboard designs that boast exceptional power efficiency. ASUS motherboards allow PC users to optimize savings from energy-efficient operations and contribute to global energy conservation. Initiated in 1992, Energy Star labeling is a joint program by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, set up to identify energy-efficient products and promote the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Energy Star 5.0 takes effect on July 1, 2009.
ASUS Motherboards' Design Endeavor in Support of Sustainable Environmental Practices
ASUS motherboard designs are a result of the company's active support of green technology and its belief in maintaining an eco-friendly environment for future generations. ASUS motherboards exceed Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) standards for the reduction of harmful materials in its products and in the environment. Additionally, ASUS motherboards' cutting-edge innovations, such as its Energy Processing Unit (EPU), simultaneously control power profiles to motherboard components for minimized power consumption. With ASUS' unprecedented record of innovations in motherboard design, ASUS motherboards will continue to incorporate pioneering energy-saving features to support a brighter, cleaner future.
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion U.S. dollars. ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- Save Up to 96% On August's Top 3 Deals
- Astronauts believe it's only a matter of time before man heads to Mars
- Destiny: Xur's Three of Coins exotic drop buff will be a gamble
- UK debuts its 'UK Against ISIL' social media account
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20