WD Unveils 4 TB My Book Studio Edition II External Hard Drive
WD, the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its new 4 terabyte capacity My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems, which are designed to seamlessly work with Mac computers and provide an ideal blend of high performance and power conservation. The new My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems are available now at select retailers and the WD online store.
Compatible with Apple Time Machine automatic backup feature and formatted for Mac computers, the new 4 TB My Book Studio Edition II external storage system's dual-drive RAID 0 configuration and high-speed interfaces deliver high performance for creative professionals, workgroups, small offices and anyone looking for fast data transfer. The system offers four interfaces: eSATA and FireWire 800 for maximum performance as well as FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 for maximum flexibility. The eco-friendly system uses WD's hard drives with WD GreenPower Technology for power savings and cool and quiet operation.
"Whether in the studio, at home, or on the road, I backup all my photographs and files on WD drives," says Peter Read Miller, a staff photographer for Sports Illustrated magazine. "I use the My Book Studio II drive and WD ShareSpace network drive at home and in the studio and always have at least one My Passport portable drive when I'm on the road. The bottom line is they're safe, fast and reliable. In my business I need to rely on products that will protect my livelihood. WD's line of products perform that task exceptionally well," Miller added.
"The new My Book Studio Edition II is the best choice for creative professionals who require massive capacity and extra-fast performance," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group. "With 4 terabytes of capacity, photographers, graphic artists, videographers, and home video enthusiasts alike will have the space they need to store hours of high definition videos as well as the performance they need for demanding video editing applications."
Extra-fast Performance with RAID 0
Lightning-fast eSATA or FireWire 800 interfaces combined with RAID 0 (Striped) yields the speed users' need for: fast, smooth video editing; rendering complex 3D objects or special effects; and saving huge blocks of data in record time. With RAID 0, users can have 4 TB of storage in an elegant, small footprint design that offers plenty of room to store an entire digital photo library and hundreds of hours of HD movies or digital video (results will vary based on file size and format, settings, features, software and other factors).
Formatted for Mac computers, these new storage systems feature:
- Massive 4 terabyte capacity;
- Extra-fast performance with four interfaces (FireWire 400/800, eSATA, USB 2.0);
- Cool, eco-friendly operation with WD's drives with WD GreenPower Technology that consume approximately one-third less power than standard dual-drive external storage systems and efficient convection cooling architecture and power-saving mode and designed without a fan to run quietly;
- Quad interface with connections for ultra-fast eSATA and FireWire 800 and for flexibility and convenience FireWire 400 and USB 2.0;
- Automatic and continuous backup software;
- User serviceability, enabling owner to open the enclosure and replace the drive inside;
- Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on the system; and,
- 5-year limited warranty.
Pricing and Availability
My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems are available now at select retailers and WD's online store (http://www.shopwd.com). MSRP for My Book Studio Edition II with 4 TB is $649.99 USD.
Latest News Posts
- FreeSync coming to mid-range HP laptops later this year
- iOS 9.3 beta 3 is out, adds Verizon Wi-Fi Calling, CarPlay features
- Gmail Android notifications bug fix rolling out this week
- AMD's next-gen Opteron to have 32 cores, 8-channel DDR4 support
- This ASUS-powered custom PC based around Far Cry Primal looks insane!
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance