JEDEC and SFF Announce Plans to Collaborate on Standards Development for SSDs
JEDEC Solid State Technology Association and the SFF Committee today announced that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the development of joint standards and publications related to solid state drives, with particular emphasis on the development of registered outlines for SSDs.
Recognizing the pressing need for comprehensive SSD standards, the partnership between JEDEC and SFF is intended to help unify the industry with respect to solid state storage standards. SSDs offer a growth opportunity to the industry, but widely adopted standards addressing a number of critical areas are seen as essential to more mainstream use.
"The collaboration between JEDEC and SFF will complement the standards setting process and help ensure that needed specifications are created without delay and unnecessary redundancy," said Mian Quddus, Chairman of the JEDEC Board of Directors. He added, "JEDEC is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with SFF to meet the needs of the industry."
Dal Allan, Chairman of the SFF Committee, said, "JEDEC and SFF believe it is in the best interests of both organizations, their membership and the industry to cooperate on joint standards for SSDs. Combining SFF's experience in addressing storage industry needs with JEDEC's expertise as the leading developer of standards for the solid state industry will ensure that manufacturers and suppliers can have confidence in the resulting documents."
Latest News Posts
- Verizon wants to be well prepared for the ongoing IoT evolution
- PC manufacturers could receive Microsoft Windows 10 starting in July
- The Google Gmail email service tops 900 million global users
- IDC: PC sales dropping ahead of Windows 10, as competition tightens
- EUROCOM boasts NVIDIA Quadro graphics, 32GB RAM, M.2 SSDs and more
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award
- Lenovo Sets Vision for Future Ecosystem of Connected Devices at Global Tech World Conference
- Lian Li to Showcase Two Updated Desk Chassis Models At COMPUTEX 2015