JEDEC and SFF Announce Plans to Collaborate on Standards Development for SSDs
JEDEC Solid State Technology Association and the SFF Committee today announced that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the development of joint standards and publications related to solid state drives, with particular emphasis on the development of registered outlines for SSDs.
Recognizing the pressing need for comprehensive SSD standards, the partnership between JEDEC and SFF is intended to help unify the industry with respect to solid state storage standards. SSDs offer a growth opportunity to the industry, but widely adopted standards addressing a number of critical areas are seen as essential to more mainstream use.
"The collaboration between JEDEC and SFF will complement the standards setting process and help ensure that needed specifications are created without delay and unnecessary redundancy," said Mian Quddus, Chairman of the JEDEC Board of Directors. He added, "JEDEC is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with SFF to meet the needs of the industry."
Dal Allan, Chairman of the SFF Committee, said, "JEDEC and SFF believe it is in the best interests of both organizations, their membership and the industry to cooperate on joint standards for SSDs. Combining SFF's experience in addressing storage industry needs with JEDEC's expertise as the leading developer of standards for the solid state industry will ensure that manufacturers and suppliers can have confidence in the resulting documents."
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 7' races past $1B at the worldwide box office
- Study: Iran increasing cyberattacks, developing new cyber arsenal
- US Air Force testing 3D glasses to more accurately pick targets
- Report: 29 million healthcare records compromised in past four years
- NBA 2K15 predicts the Golden State Warriors will win NBA championship
- ray ban Outlet
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives