JEDEC and SFF Announce Plans to Collaborate on Standards Development for SSDs
JEDEC Solid State Technology Association and the SFF Committee today announced that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the development of joint standards and publications related to solid state drives, with particular emphasis on the development of registered outlines for SSDs.
Recognizing the pressing need for comprehensive SSD standards, the partnership between JEDEC and SFF is intended to help unify the industry with respect to solid state storage standards. SSDs offer a growth opportunity to the industry, but widely adopted standards addressing a number of critical areas are seen as essential to more mainstream use.
"The collaboration between JEDEC and SFF will complement the standards setting process and help ensure that needed specifications are created without delay and unnecessary redundancy," said Mian Quddus, Chairman of the JEDEC Board of Directors. He added, "JEDEC is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with SFF to meet the needs of the industry."
Dal Allan, Chairman of the SFF Committee, said, "JEDEC and SFF believe it is in the best interests of both organizations, their membership and the industry to cooperate on joint standards for SSDs. Combining SFF's experience in addressing storage industry needs with JEDEC's expertise as the leading developer of standards for the solid state industry will ensure that manufacturers and suppliers can have confidence in the resulting documents."
Latest News Posts
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Just Cause 3 runs at 900p 30FPS on the Xbox One, so much more on PC
- Google brings Star Trek to life with 'Combadge' communicator prototype
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- X99 Extreme 6/3.1 Bios Update to support Samsung 950 Pro M.2.
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01