JEDEC and SFF Announce Plans to Collaborate on Standards Development for SSDs
JEDEC Solid State Technology Association and the SFF Committee today announced that they have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the development of joint standards and publications related to solid state drives, with particular emphasis on the development of registered outlines for SSDs.
Recognizing the pressing need for comprehensive SSD standards, the partnership between JEDEC and SFF is intended to help unify the industry with respect to solid state storage standards. SSDs offer a growth opportunity to the industry, but widely adopted standards addressing a number of critical areas are seen as essential to more mainstream use.
"The collaboration between JEDEC and SFF will complement the standards setting process and help ensure that needed specifications are created without delay and unnecessary redundancy," said Mian Quddus, Chairman of the JEDEC Board of Directors. He added, "JEDEC is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with SFF to meet the needs of the industry."
Dal Allan, Chairman of the SFF Committee, said, "JEDEC and SFF believe it is in the best interests of both organizations, their membership and the industry to cooperate on joint standards for SSDs. Combining SFF's experience in addressing storage industry needs with JEDEC's expertise as the leading developer of standards for the solid state industry will ensure that manufacturers and suppliers can have confidence in the resulting documents."
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will soon offer no subscriptions for World of Warcraft
- Apple rumored to launch its new 12-inch Retina MacBook Air in Q2 2015
- Sony not worried about the price of its VR headset during development
- Valve confirms it is experimenting around with Half-Life in VR
- Rock Band 4 announced, will hit the Xbox One and PS4 end of this year
- slow ssd's
- Is this an incompatibility issue? Z87N wifi + Gtx 770
- Patriot Supersonic Rage 2 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- New Asrock EPC612D4U-2T8R: Xeon 2011 v3 or v2?
- Going into BIOS
- Razer Makes Razer Chroma SDK Available
- ESL Releases First Mobile App for Events
- ADATA Launches IHSS312 Industrial Half-Slim SSD
- Logitech Announces G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G.SKILL Announces 2nd Annual "OC World Cup 2015" Overclocking Competition