New NVIDIA-Powered DELL Laptop Features Killer HD Video And Gaming To Go
Dell Studio 14z With GeForce 9400M is a Mobile Multimedia Powerhouse
SANTA CLARA, CA-MAY 28, 2009-Todays students and young professionals need a versatile notebook that can serve as their workhorse by day and entertainment center at night. The new Dell Studio 14z powered by the NVIDIA GeForce® 9400M® graphics processor provides a perfect blend of performance and portability with graphics support for gaming, HD video, and creative self-expression.
The GeForce 9400M in the Dell Studio 14z delivers up to five times faster graphics performance than Centrino 2 notebooks to accelerate image editing, video playback, and video conversion. With vReveal, the Studio 14z can fix grainy, shaky video twice as fast as comparable notebooks1, and then let you upload the video to YouTube in minutes.
The Studio 14z is also ideal for quickly converting video from desktop resolution to a personal media player. By running Badaboom Media Converter software on the GeForce 9400M, users can convert video up to 6 times faster than using a comparable notebook with standard integrated graphics.
Starting at only $649, the Studio 14z is the most affordable GeForce 9400M GPU-based notebook in North America. Yet it is powerful enough to deliver a superb high definition Blu-ray movie experience with an optional Blu-ray drive on the notebook's screen, or onto a larger screen via HDMI.
"Our groundbreaking GeForce 9400M graphics processor gives the Dell Studio 14z superior performance at a solid value," said Rene Haas, general manager for notebook GPUs at NVIDIA. "It delivers a great experience whether you're working or playing, catching up with your friends on Facebook, enjoying high definition video, or playing games like World of WarCraft."
This is the second Dell notebook to feature the GeForce 9400M graphics processor, following the January introduction of the Dell Studio XPS 13. The Dell Studio One 19 desktop PC also features GeForce 9400M.
The GeForce 9400M GPU boasts 16 CUDA parallel processing cores to deliver:
- Superb playback of full-spec 1080p high definition video
- Stunning HD video through an external monitor via HDMI
- Acceleration for Adobe Photoshop CS4 for faster, easier photo editing
- Accelerated video enhancement and transcoding using NVIDIA CUDA technology
- DirectX 10 graphics
- Support for popular PC games such as Call of Duty: World at War, The Sims 3, and World of WarCraft.
For more information about the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, go to: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400m_g_us.html
For more information about the Dell Studio 14z, go to: http://www.dell.com/studio
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro continues to evolve, now packs Kaby Lake
- Qualcomm Snapdagon 835 powers LTE-capable Surface Pro
- FSP will show off a watercooled PSU at Computex
- R.I.P. Sir Roger 'James Bond' Moore
- AMD delayed Radeon RX Vega until July?
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning