New NVIDIA-Powered DELL Laptop Features Killer HD Video And Gaming To Go
Dell Studio 14z With GeForce 9400M is a Mobile Multimedia Powerhouse
SANTA CLARA, CA-MAY 28, 2009-Todays students and young professionals need a versatile notebook that can serve as their workhorse by day and entertainment center at night. The new Dell Studio 14z powered by the NVIDIA GeForce® 9400M® graphics processor provides a perfect blend of performance and portability with graphics support for gaming, HD video, and creative self-expression.
The GeForce 9400M in the Dell Studio 14z delivers up to five times faster graphics performance than Centrino 2 notebooks to accelerate image editing, video playback, and video conversion. With vReveal, the Studio 14z can fix grainy, shaky video twice as fast as comparable notebooks1, and then let you upload the video to YouTube in minutes.
The Studio 14z is also ideal for quickly converting video from desktop resolution to a personal media player. By running Badaboom Media Converter software on the GeForce 9400M, users can convert video up to 6 times faster than using a comparable notebook with standard integrated graphics.
Starting at only $649, the Studio 14z is the most affordable GeForce 9400M GPU-based notebook in North America. Yet it is powerful enough to deliver a superb high definition Blu-ray movie experience with an optional Blu-ray drive on the notebook's screen, or onto a larger screen via HDMI.
"Our groundbreaking GeForce 9400M graphics processor gives the Dell Studio 14z superior performance at a solid value," said Rene Haas, general manager for notebook GPUs at NVIDIA. "It delivers a great experience whether you're working or playing, catching up with your friends on Facebook, enjoying high definition video, or playing games like World of WarCraft."
This is the second Dell notebook to feature the GeForce 9400M graphics processor, following the January introduction of the Dell Studio XPS 13. The Dell Studio One 19 desktop PC also features GeForce 9400M.
The GeForce 9400M GPU boasts 16 CUDA parallel processing cores to deliver:
- Superb playback of full-spec 1080p high definition video
- Stunning HD video through an external monitor via HDMI
- Acceleration for Adobe Photoshop CS4 for faster, easier photo editing
- Accelerated video enhancement and transcoding using NVIDIA CUDA technology
- DirectX 10 graphics
- Support for popular PC games such as Call of Duty: World at War, The Sims 3, and World of WarCraft.
For more information about the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, go to: http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_9400m_g_us.html
For more information about the Dell Studio 14z, go to: http://www.dell.com/studio
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- The Last of Us 2 announced
- Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite announced, coming in 2017
- New Uncharted: The Lost Legacy announced
- Google's Daydream now available in two additional colors
- Death Stranding's engine optimized for 4K on PS4 Pro
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset