NVIDIA Continues To Lead WINDOWS 7 Readiness
NVIDIA is the First Hardware Vendor to Release Windows 7 WHQL Certified Drivers for All PC Platforms; Complete Line of NVIDIA ION, GeForce and Quadro Products Supported
SANTA CLARA, CA-MAY 7, 2009-Windows 7 will mark a dramatic improvement in the way the Windows operating system takes advantage of the graphics processing unit (GPU) to provide a more compelling user experience. And so, in conjunction with the release candidate of Windows 7, NVIDIA announced that it is the first hardware vendor to release a new Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL)-certified graphics driver for PC desktops and notebooks, offering all of the latest NVIDIA exclusive performance, features, and technology for its ION®, GeForce® and Quadro® products..
Anandtech's Ryan Smith and Gary Key put the new driver through a full test and reported that "NVIDIA promised performance gains with Windows 7 over Vista and they delivered." They went on to add " performance was rock solid and the compatibility/stability aspects of the driver far exceeded our expectations...they pretty much nailed their first full driver set for Windows 7 with all features working." As a result, Anandtech asserted that "Windows 7 will be a very solid gaming platform."i
By taking advantage of the GPU for both graphics rendering and parallel computing, Windows 7 with DirectX Compute will not only ensure that greater clarity and focus are inherent in the look, feel, and functionality of the desktop experience, but it will also provide the speed and responsiveness to delight customers.
"Windows 7 users now have the absolute latest in performance and support for features including SLI, PhysX, 3D Vision, and DirectX Compute," said Dwight Diercks, vice president of software engineering at NVIDIA. "For gaming, video transcoding, and an overall better computing experience on Windows 7, users now have the peace of mind knowing that we have the official Microsoft WHQL stamp of approval."
Version 185.85 WHQL drivers support Microsoft's new Windows 7 display driver model WDDM v1.1. Powered by NVIDIA's DirectX 10 GPUs, WDDM v1.1 drivers provide a premium visual experience in Windows 7.
To download the new Windows 7 WHQL drivers for NVIDIA GPUs, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/drivers. For more information on Windows 7 and the release candidate, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/windows7.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Star Citizen's social module launches alongside v1.2 patch
- Razer launches new Nabu smartband wearable during PAX Prime
- Xbox One Mini isn't real, says Phil Spencer
- Marvel Studios founder to bring Borderlands to the big screen
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20