Vuzix Expands 3D Format Support for Video Eyewear and Includes Automatic 3D Sensing
Newly updated 3D feature automatically configures the video eyewear to field sequential, side by side and anaglyph formats
Rochester, NY - April 29th, 2009 - Vuzix Corporation, the leader in video eyewear for the consumer, defense and low vision markets, is thrilled to announce expanded 3D video format support for its AV Video Eyewear products. In addition to continued support for standard 2-D video, the 3D video format upgrade is being expanded to include field sequential, side by side and 3 formats of anaglyph. A new Auto 3D sensing feature enables Vuzix video eyewear to immediately determine a 3D video format and effortlessly configure the eyewear for 3D display of your chosen content.
The 3D format support upgrade and the Auto 3D feature are being added to all new Vuzix iWear® AV models. Additionally, a downloadable free firmware update will enable existing video eyewear customers with compatible models to upgrade their eyewear with these great new features.
3D is experiencing a rapid reemergence as major motion picture studios announce 3D titles, major networks broadcast in 3D and internet availability and interest in 3D video content increases. 3D video is being released in a variety of formats, requiring its audience to use a multi-format compatible viewer or end up with limited content options. Vuzix' expanded support now encompasses all major 3D formats and allows users to select the correct option through a simple on-screen selection. To further simplify the process, 3D video content containing a Vuzix 3D watermark will automatically configure the video eyewear to display the appropriate format.
"While it is amazing to see the explosion in 3D content showing up in NBA game broadcasts and various sports and entertainment broadcasts across the globe; it's equally frustrating to see the challenges the industry faces with multiple competing formats," said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. "By supporting all common 3D formats and allowing the user to easily select between them, we'll ensure full compatibility and optimal viewing performance and enjoyment," added Travers.
For additional information and to download the iWear® 3D Upgrade, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
About Vuzix Corporation
Vuzix Corporation manufactures and sells video eyewear for the entertainment, defense, industrial and low vision medical markets. Vuzix products provide users with a portable and private big screen experience that can be used practically anywhere, anytime. Currently Vuzix produces the broadest range of video eyewear solutions in each of its various markets, including 3D video, virtual and augmented reality solutions. The company is revolutionizing the personal display industry and aims to continue to create mobile products that can enrich both the personal and work lives of its customers. Vuzix has won eight CES Innovations Awards since 2005, the 2008 RetailVision Best New Product - Hardware Award, the awards for the 2006 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation of the Year Award for European Mobile & Wireless services and has been named the 12th fastest growing privately held company in Rochester, NY by the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle and awarded one of Inc. 500 magazines' fastest 5000 companies. Founded in 1997, Vuzix is a privately held company with offices in Rochester, NY, London, UK and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, please visit http://www.vuzix.com.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines