The Future Of Mankind Depends On NVIDIA PhysX Technology
Terminator Salvation Video Game to Feature Highly Interactive Environments Courtesy of NVIDIA PhysX Technology
SANTA CLARA, CA-APRIL 28, 2009-Without NVIDIA® PhysX® technology, John Connor and the rest of mankind battling the metallic armies of Skynet doesn't stand a chance. Luckily for all of us, GRIN-the Sweden-based developers of the upcoming video game Terminator Salvation-chose NVIDIA PhysX technology to help them deliver a compelling, interactive, action-packed, third-person shooter video game that will be released in conjunction with the highly-anticipated Halcyon film, which opens nationwide in the U.S. on May 21, 2009.
The game Terminator Salvation offers players the chance to assume the role of John Connor, a soldier in the resistance, battling for survival against the far superior forces of Skynet. Featuring third-person action adventure, with concentrated armed combat against all of the Skynet enemies from the film as well as new enemies designed specifically for the game, NVIDIA PhysX technology allowed GRIN designers and artists to bring the futuristic world of 2016 to life. From realistic weapon effects to destructible environments, Terminator Salvation will deliver wholly interactive and immersive gaming environments to satisfy even the most discriminating players.
"NVIDIA PhysX technology really allows us to do things in the game that we couldn't do before," said Bo Andersson, CEO at GRIN. "A world run by Skynet is indeed a scary one, and by working with NVIDIA and the PhysX teams very closely, we were able to make the Terminator Salvation game environments look and react as realistically as they do in the film. Gamers are going to be in for a real treat."
The NVIDIA PhysX development platform consists of a robust physics engine, API, and middleware designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time. NVIDIA PhysX technology works across all major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox360, PLAYSTATION®3, Nintendo Wii, and iPhone, and can be accelerated by both the CPU and any CUDA-enabled NVIDIA GPU.
Developed by Grin with Halcyon Games, published by Equity Games, and co-published by Evolved Games, Terminator Salvation is set for release in late May 2009 for Xbox360, PLAYSTATION 3, and PC. The PC version will feature GPU-accelerated PhysX effects for a truly immersive game environment. For more information on Terminator Salvation, please visit: http://www.terminatorsalvationthegame.com.
For more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/physx
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now