The Future Of Mankind Depends On NVIDIA PhysX Technology
Terminator Salvation Video Game to Feature Highly Interactive Environments Courtesy of NVIDIA PhysX Technology
SANTA CLARA, CA-APRIL 28, 2009-Without NVIDIA® PhysX® technology, John Connor and the rest of mankind battling the metallic armies of Skynet doesn't stand a chance. Luckily for all of us, GRIN-the Sweden-based developers of the upcoming video game Terminator Salvation-chose NVIDIA PhysX technology to help them deliver a compelling, interactive, action-packed, third-person shooter video game that will be released in conjunction with the highly-anticipated Halcyon film, which opens nationwide in the U.S. on May 21, 2009.
The game Terminator Salvation offers players the chance to assume the role of John Connor, a soldier in the resistance, battling for survival against the far superior forces of Skynet. Featuring third-person action adventure, with concentrated armed combat against all of the Skynet enemies from the film as well as new enemies designed specifically for the game, NVIDIA PhysX technology allowed GRIN designers and artists to bring the futuristic world of 2016 to life. From realistic weapon effects to destructible environments, Terminator Salvation will deliver wholly interactive and immersive gaming environments to satisfy even the most discriminating players.
"NVIDIA PhysX technology really allows us to do things in the game that we couldn't do before," said Bo Andersson, CEO at GRIN. "A world run by Skynet is indeed a scary one, and by working with NVIDIA and the PhysX teams very closely, we were able to make the Terminator Salvation game environments look and react as realistically as they do in the film. Gamers are going to be in for a real treat."
The NVIDIA PhysX development platform consists of a robust physics engine, API, and middleware designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time. NVIDIA PhysX technology works across all major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox360, PLAYSTATION®3, Nintendo Wii, and iPhone, and can be accelerated by both the CPU and any CUDA-enabled NVIDIA GPU.
Developed by Grin with Halcyon Games, published by Equity Games, and co-published by Evolved Games, Terminator Salvation is set for release in late May 2009 for Xbox360, PLAYSTATION 3, and PC. The PC version will feature GPU-accelerated PhysX effects for a truly immersive game environment. For more information on Terminator Salvation, please visit: http://www.terminatorsalvationthegame.com.
For more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit: http://www.nvidia.com/physx
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell gave away HTC Vive Pre's like Santa Claus, no really
- LG unveils the touch-enabled Quick Cover for its unannounced G5 phone
- Rocket League's second season kicks off with a bang
- Quantum Break not an Xbox One Exclusive, coming to PC on April 5th
- Blade and Soul getting new content after reaching 2 million players
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance