New AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition Delivers Up to 55% Greater Value Over Competing Products*
- Celebrating the company's 40th Anniversary, AMD continues its heritage of delivering outstanding PC performance and value -
AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced the AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition processor, delivering leading technology and strong performance to the mainstream PC user for under $70 MSRP. Focused on designing and developing new products and platforms over the last 40 years, AMD's unique technologies continue to create compelling user experiences at an exceptional value. As part of this anniversary celebration, the newest addition to the AMD Athlon X2 7000 series of processors delivers a superior dual-core, performance-per-dollar PC experience for solutions at home and at play.
Given the current economic environment, consumers are seeking the best computing value without sacrificing the performance required to maintain their digital lifestyle. This new processor enables AMD technology partners and OEMs to address the industry need for affordable, powerful and energy efficient desktop PCs that help consumers to quickly and easily create, enjoy and share their digital world.
Consumers looking for an enhanced digital experience or tweaking and tuning their systems for the latest games. The AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition processor is geared towards this growing segment of value-conscious PC users; those seeking a full-featured product with best-in-class price-performance for the changing face of everyday computing.
Consumers living a digital lifestyle may be able to realize an immediate benefit from AMD dual-core processors with the capability to better create, render, transfer and share their multimedia content.
The AMD Athlon X2 7850 Black Edition processor helps consumers maximize their platform with hardware matched to deliver a superior experience with outstanding headroom. In fact, not only do these new processors perform exceptionally well in all-AMD platforms, they also provide as much as 55% greater value over competitive products.*
Leading into AMD's 40th anniversary, the company continues to maintain its focus on designing and developing unique CPU and GPU technologies at an exceptional value. When combined with AMD 7-Series chipsets and the ATI Radeon HD 4000 series graphics cards, the new AMD Athlon X2 7850 processors can bring HD video to life while delivering massive performance headroom and video processing acceleration.**
Follow all news from the AMD Desktop team on Twitter at @AMDDesktop
Click on this link to a blog on the basics of overclocking your system***
Read more from AMD bloggers about AMD at Home
Check out what they have to say about AMD at Play
For processor pricing, click here.
Product images can be found at the AMD Unprocessed Flickr page
* Price-performance compared to Intel Core 2 Duo E5200. Results from testing in AMD performance labs; price-performance rankings based on sum of normalized performance results across three software benchmarks [PCWorldBench, SYSMark® 2007, PCMark® Vantage] divided by system price as listed on April 15, 2009 on http://www.pricegrabber.com or AMD expected MSRP as of April 12, 2009. AMD configuration: MSI DKA790GX+ motherboard; onboard ATI Radeon HD 3330 graphics; Kingston DDR2 1066 2X2GB; Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate. Intel configuration: DG45ID motherboard; Intel G45/G43 Express graphics; Kingston DDR2 1066 2X2GB; Windows Vista® 64 Ultimate.
** HD capable monitor required for full HD resolution.
*** AMD's product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when enabled via AMD software.
Latest News Posts
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- Microsoft shipping HoloLens 2, directly into HoloLens 3
- Xbox boss: Microsoft is making new PC exclusive games
- Nintendo Switch retail packaging wastes so much space
- Mass Effect: Andromeda's combat looks amazingly fun
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league