-- GIGABYTE Declares Team Australia as GO OC 2009 Pan Asia Champions --
-- Team Australia (and New Zealand) go through to compete in the GO OC 2009 grand final at Computex --
Taipei, Taiwan, April 9th, 2009 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today released the results of the Pan Asian and African GO OC 2009 (GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship) final held in Bangkok, Thailand on April 5th. The winners, Dinos22 from Australia and Deanzo from New Zealand, will go through to represent Pan Asia and Africa at the GO OC Global final at Computex this year. Taiwan's Nick and Hyde were the first runners-up while the team from Thailand with Audigy and NiNe_iZe were the second runners-up. The scores for the winners can be seen in the table below:
Highlighting the calibre of the competitors at the event, a new 3D Mark world record of 31,081 was set by the Australian team for 2 x GeForce GTX 260 VGA cards (using the GIGABYTE GV-N26OC-896H-B). Other components used include an Intel® Core i7 965 CPU, GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard and GV-N26OC-896H-B graphics, Kingston KHX16000D3K3/3GX memory and ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ 1050W power supply.
As the industry's largest and most successful global overclocking competition, GO OC requires assistance from supporters - companies who seek to aid the development of overclocking and show their support for the fast growing overclocking community. Through the top-notch hardware and support from the GO OC 2009 official sponsors - Intel, NVIDIA, Kingston and ENERMAX, as well as special sponsorship for the Pan Asia regional finals provided by Microsoft, LG and Dolby, these sponsor companies are helping to give overclocking and overclockers the global attention and respect they deserve.
Event coverage from attending media is starting to appear online:
1. Australia: (video content) http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/2713/gigabyte_go_oc_2009_asia_regional_final_event_coverage/index.html#Thanks-for-voting
2. Thailand: http://www.i3.in.th/news/view/584/1
3. Taiwan: http://www.xfastest.com/viewthread.php?tid=20796
4. Taiwan: http://www.coolaler.com/content/
5. Singapore: http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=18&id=2859
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is official, beta available soon
- Swedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!