OCZ Technology Launches Mac Edition Vertex Series Solid State Drives and Notebook SODIMMs
San Jose, Calif.-April 7, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today unveiled OCZ Vertex Mac Edition Solid State Drives and mobile memory solutions qualified by OCZ for ultimate compatibility with the latest family of MacBooks. These new premium offerings are designed for Mac enthusiasts demanding the latest technology in storage and memory to increase productivity and performance on their Apple notebooks.
"OCZ is excited to announce two new products that are specifically designed for Mac consumers," commented Ryan Edwards, Director of Product Management at the OCZ Technology Group. "Both the Vertex Series Mac Edition solid state drives and the new Mac Edition SODIMMS are designed to be an easy upgrade for consumers that want to boost the performance of their MacBooks, and have been tested in Apple's Development Center (ADC) to ensure stability and compatibility."
OCZ continues to expand its reach to all areas of computing interests and system preferences by going beyond the PC. Building on the advantages of flash-based storage, the OCZ Vertex Series Mac Edition is the result of the latest breakthroughs in SSD technology. The Mac Edition delivers the incredible performance enthusiasts have come to expect from OCZ's premium Solid State Drive offerings with the peace of mind knowing they are tested in Apple's own labs. Additionally, the drives feature speeds up to blazing 240MB/s sequential read and 170MB/s sequential write and 64MB onboard cache, while delivering extended battery life, increased system responsiveness, and superior durability compared to conventional hard drives.
OCZ is also introducing validated SODIMMs, an excellent upgrade when changing out the memory in Intel® based MacBooks or MacBook Pros. Qualified by OCZ engineers in the ADC, OCZ Mac memory is built to provide optimal levels of compatibility using the highest quality components available. Upgrades will be available in DDR2-667 and DDR3-8500 2GB modules or 4GB (2 x 2048MB) kits and come backed with industry-leading technical support and a Lifetime Warranty, ensuring complete product satisfaction.
View the latest Mac Editon products from OCZ Technology:
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY