Velocity Micro® Announces Powerful New Sub-$1000 Gaming PC
With expert tuning, custom assembly, and premium grade parts, the Edge Z5 Special Edition brings boutique flair and extreme gaming performance to the mainstream user
Richmond, VA - March 31, 2009 - Velocity Micro, the premier independent builder of premium, high performance desktop computers and notebooks, announces the availability of the Edge Z5 Special Edition, the foremost gaming PC for budget conscious users. By utilizing premium quality components, tuning and tweaking techniques, expert engineering, and their trademarked Hyperclocking process, Velocity Micro has created a $999 gaming PC that crushes benchmarks without crushing the wallet, perfect for the frame rate hungry gamer on a budget.
"Top quality boutique gaming performance shouldn't only be available to those with the deepest pockets," said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. "With the Edge Z5, we've created a system that delivers high frame rates at a very attainable value, giving budget conscious gamers an alternative to overpriced and underpowered big box OEM systems that put design over real world performance. You absolutely won't find a faster gaming PC at this price."
By utilizing trademarked Hyperclocking techniques for component optimization, Velocity Micro is able to get every drop of performance from the Edge Z5's available hardware, allowing the economically challenged gamer to play nearly any game on the market at the highest resolutions. In fact, the Edge Z5 Special Edition provides frame rates that best systems of several times the price. In a recent roundup, CNET pitted the Edge Z5 against a $999 Dell XPS and a $3199 Mac Pro 3D. The Z5 bested both in all gaming benchmarks at all resolutions, by as many as 16 frames per second in some tests.
"Velocity has applied its savvy as a performance PC vendor to this system, overclocking where appropriate and eschewing most nonessential components to keep the price reasonable," said Rich Brown, Senior Editor in charge of desktop reviews at CNET. "It's a faster gaming box than anything we've seen in its price range."
The Edge Z5 has a base price of $699 after a $100 promotional coupon. The $999 configured Edge Z5 Special Edition, as reviewed by CNET, contains an Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9400 processor Hyperclocked to 2.93Ghz, a performance tuned ATI® Radeon HD 4850, 4 GB of premium RAM, 750 GB hard drive, Velocity Micro's classic solid aluminum chassis, expert build, and 100% US based technical support. Visit VelocityMicro.com/Z5 to learn more about this remarkable system.
ABOUT VELOCITY MICRO, INC.
Velocity Micro, Inc. is the premier high-performance personal computer provider in North America. Founded in 1992, Richmond, Va.-based Velocity Micro custom builds award winning gaming, mobile, multimedia, home office, small business, pro workstation, and visual supercomputer solutions. Velocity Micro consumer systems are available at Frys, Best Buy, and select Staples retail stores nationwide, as well as online vendors Amazon.com, Newegg.com, TigerDirect.com, CompUSA.com, and many others. For more information on Velocity Micro, please visit http://www.velocitymicro.com or call (800) 303-7866.
Velocity Micro has earned over 45 industry awards, including 11 PC Magazine Editor's Choice awards. CNET, Maximum PC, Mobile PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, Computer Shopper, and PC Gamer editors have all chosen Velocity Micro systems as some of the industry's best-performing, highest-quality, and most reliable PCs.
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20