Corsair announces Voyager Port
Corsair develops innovative solution to transform any USB flash drive into
a powerful and flexible portable backup and recovery device
Fremont, CA, March 31st, 2009 - Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance computer and flash memory products, today announced the Voyager Port portable backup solution for USB flash drives.
The Voyager Port transforms any USB flash drive into a powerful data backup solution, complete with a simple, one-button file backup feature. The Voyager Port requires no external power supply and features a USB 2.0 port for the latest, high-speed USB flash drives.
"USB flash drives, such as Corsair's shock- and water-resistant Flash Voyager drives, are smaller and far more durable than portable hard disk drives, which have moving parts that are vulnerable to shock" said Jim Carlton, VP of Marketing, Corsair, "And with 64GB Flash Voyagers now available, USB flash drives are ideal backup solutions."
The Voyager Port is seamlessly integrated with the included copy of award-winning data backup and recovery software NovaBACKUP 10, to easily store and protect your important data. Simply press the Voyager Port's backup button and you need never again be without your most important documents, photos, email contacts, music and other data.
"Your most important personal data, such as documents, spreadsheets, PDFs and presentations generally only occupies a few gigabytes of hard disk space, meaning that huge hard disk-based backup drives are largely wasted," continued Carlton. "Our research indicated that over 80% of users have a 'My Documents' folder of less than 64GB, and more than 85% need to regularly transport less than 64GB of data between different PCs. This shows that USB flash drives are an efficient method of backing up your data, and with high-capacity USB flash drives, there's still plenty of room for your favourite music, photos and even movies."
The Voyager Port, combined with 32GB or 64GB USB flash drives, also makes an ideal total backup solution for notebooks and netbooks with smaller main storage drives. Simply use NovaBACKUP 10's Disaster Recovery option to take a snapshot of the system to preserve your data in the event of a failure.
The Voyager Port is available immediately from all good stockists, and is backed by a 10-year warranty and comprehensive customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express helpdesk.
More information about the Corsair Voyager Port can be found here, corsair.com/voyagerport
Note to editors: Statistics taken from Corsair Data Backup Survey, February 2009. 1757 consumers surveyed.
Founded in 1994, Corsair Memory Inc. is a worldwide leader in high-performance components for personal computers. Specializing in very high performance memory and ultra-efficient power supplies, our flagship products, including DominatorTM memory modules, are the choice of overclockers, enthusiasts and gamers everywhere. Our expertise in design and manufacturing is also evident in our complete line of ruggedized Flash VoyagerTM and Flash SurvivorTM USB storage devices. Corsair Memory offers 24/7 customer support via forums and the Tech Support Express helpdesk. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com
Copyright © 2008 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox owners can pre-download Xbox One X 4K textures
- ARK cross-platform play on PS4 and PC BLOCKED by Sony
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience