According to the Icecat figures, global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 measured in product data-sheet downloads by ecommerce users. Icecat Top 1000 brands headed by HP, Lenovo and Philips. All-In-One PCs show explosive growth with data-sheet downloads. DELL and Apple do very well in the e-channel and office supplies brands like Rexel and Esselte are growing the fastest. Office, Beauty & Toys are trending categories.
E-channel expands by 23% globally
The global e-channel continues to develop very fast in Q1-2016 compared to the same period one year earlier: by 23% in terms of connected channel partners. In Q1-2016, Icecat facilitated a 1.2 billion product data-sheet downloads for products from 13 thousand different brands and 2,948 different categories.
A data-sheet contains product specifications as standardized by Icecat, and rich media if permitted by the respective brand. The number of monitored brands increased by 22% and the number of supported categories grew by 33%.
"Icecat's Top 1000 Brands & Categories increasingly includes brands and categories from sectors like DIY, Toys, FMCG, Fashion, and Health & Beauty", according to CEO Martijn Hoogeveen. "Etailers want all their portfolio to be described and we seek to do just that."
54% of the Icecat data-sheet downloads are real-time (live) by end-users; 46% have a mass download (data) character through mainly xml.
High correlation between Icecat downloads and PC shipments (IDC)
Comparing annualized trend figures in global PC shipments (IDC Q1-2016) and Icecat data-sheet downloads for tracked PC brands, we see a very high (83%) correlation, which implies a linear relation between both downloads and shipments. This is not strange, as Icecat downloads are also related to online product popularity, catalog size and the number of product introductions, and the PC industry is completely ecommerce enabled. This further validates the use of Icecat downloads as a measure or predictor of shipment or business revenue trends.
High correlation between global annualized trends in PC shipments and Icecat downloads for Q1-2016.
DELL and Apple do very well in the e-channel
The Icecat Top 1000 Brands is headed by HP, Lenovo and Philips. At the top of the list, most progress is made by DELL (+58%), Apple (+51%) and ASUS (+33%).
Office Supplies brands Rexel and Esselte are growing the fastest
The fastest developing E-channel brands in Q1-2016 are office supplies brands Rexel and Esselte and Lowepro (cases). The most famous fast-growth brand is Disney, because of licensing deals for items such as mobile phone cases.
Note: in the above Fast-Growth Brands overview, we ignored brands with less than 100,000 data-sheet downloads in Q1-2015.
All-In-One PCs show explosive growth
The Icecat Top 1000 Categories is headed by Notebooks, PCs/Workstations and Warranties. The most notable growth is that of All-In-One PCs and All-In-One Workstations.
Office, Beauty & Toys trending categories
The Fast-Growth Categories in Icecat in Q1-2016, are led by magnetic boards and staplers (office supplies), eyelash mascaras (health & beauty) and board games (toys). These categories are exemplifying significant trends in the ecommerce world.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4