AMD today announced increasing momentum for the 6th Generation AMD PRO A-Series mobile processors, based on the introduction of two new HP notebook design wins, new large-scale enterprise deployments, and the expansion of HP adoption of AMD FreeSync technology in its notebooks and displays. The 6th Generation AMD PRO A-Series processors, which efficiently integrate extensive AMD CPU, graphics, security, and video processing IP into a single SoC design, will now power two new HP 600 series ProBooks.
The HP ProBook 645 14-inch and HP ProBook 655 15.6-inch notebooks allow businesses to equip their workforces with widely configurable and extremely cost-effective HP notebook PCs, enabling executive-class collaboration and professional-grade capabilities. Containing AMD PRO A-Series processors with brilliant AMD Radeon graphics, Windows 10, robust DDR3 memory, and professional-grade peripheral devices, these HP ProBooks create a top-of-the-line user experience.
"We are pleased to continue strengthening our relationship with HP through the latest HP ProBook design wins," said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group at AMD. "We've seen positive consumer and commercial response to our 6th Generation A-Series processors and the recent announcements by HP, along with AMD technology adoption by global companies and the popularity of AMD systems during the holiday season, help confirm the strength of our product."
"AMD and HP continue to innovate in both commercial and consumer computing with the ongoing adoption of the latest generation of AMD processors," said Steve Sinclair, VP Commercial Notebook Product Management, HP. "Businesses can confidently deploy AMD-powered HP notebooks, which combine support for legacy features that provide long-term stability with modern security for today's business world. Consumers can also reap the benefits of this innovation with notebooks that provide the features -- like long battery life and responsive graphics -- that they are looking for."
6th Generation AMD A-Series processors powering the workplace
Market momentum for joint AMD and HP solutions is seen in the continued adoption of HP laptops powered by AMD processors by companies around the world. For example, ISS, a global facilities services provider with 511,000 employees in 77 countries, recently equipped employees with HP EliteBooks powered by AMD PRO A-Series processors in an effort to standardize global operations, increase sustainability and innovate business-efficient office environments.
Brink's, a global leader in security-related services with customers in more than 100 countries, wanted an IT solution that offered outstanding stability and mobility, and found it in the HP EliteBook 700 series, also powered by AMD. Stability is critical to supporting Brink's all-day, every-day workforce with mobile-ready features, and industry leading manageability that drives nonstop productivity. The innovative AMD PRO A-Series processor architecture offers all-day battery life, power and efficiency optimized for employees all around the world.
AMD FreeSync adoption
Additionally, HP plans to enable AMD FreeSync technology support for its consumer-focused HP Envy 15z laptops powered by 6th Generation AMD A-Series processors. AMD FreeSync technology resolves the communication issues between processor and monitor to eliminate stutter and tearing, providing a smoother image. HP anticipates having AMD FreeSync-enabled HP Envy 15z laptops available in the first half of 2016, and plans to enable AMD FreeSync support across its entire consumer laptop line-up powered by 6th Generation AMD A-Series processors in the second half of the year.
Personal and commercial HP notebooks powered by 6th Generation AMD A-Series processors are available now through major retailers.
Latest News Posts
- LG announces rugged smartphone - X Venture
- Destiny 2 replaces major subclasses and abilities
- Far Cry 5 isn't a Western, set in modern day Montana
- Apple could launch the iPhone 8 and iPhone 7S this year
- Lenovo confirms smaller battery for the Moto Z2 Play
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Custom Storage Unit
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning