HIGHPOINT RELEASES LOW COST EXTERNAL HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLER FOR DESKTOP AND SOHO MARKETS
Milpitas, Calif. - HighPoint Technologies is announcing the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 3122 - PCI-Express x1 external SATA hardware RAID controller with friendly OS support for desktops and SOHO markets.
The RocketRAID 3122 offers PCI-Express x1 bus connectivity for support every desktop and workstation motherboard available in the industry. PCI-Express is here to satisfy our bandwidth appetites for the next several years as legacy PCI did not provide the necessary bandwidth needed for demanding peripheral cards. The beauty of PCI-Express is the upward compatibility with faster PCI-Express speeds. A PCI-Express x1 peripheral device provides the flexibility to work in a PCI-Express x4, x8 or x16 slots.
The RocketRAID 3122 includes two external 3Gb/s external eSATA ports that are compatible with any point-to-point external storage and it capable of connecting to port multiplier (PM) storage devices supporting up to 10 SATA devices. The world's lowest cost true hardware RAID controller is powered by 400MHz RAID IOP engine with 128MB DDR II of cache memory. RAID support includes RAID 0 for high performance and RAID 1 for data protection.
Complete operating systems support is a key benefit of the RocketRAID 3122 for desktop and SOHO environments. There is support for (32 and 64) bit versions of Windows and native support in Linux distributions that include kernel 2.6.25 and FreeBSD 7.0 to offer a peace of mine user experience. Support for Mac OS X includes the added bonus of bootable support in Mac Pro systems.
The RocketRAID 3122 is the industry's lowest costing hardware RAID controller at $169 MSPR and is available today for purchase from one of our online reselling partners Newegg.com and from our distribution channels (ASI, BellMicro, D&H and Malabs)
HighPoint Technologies is headquartered in Milpitas CA. For further information please call 408-942-5800 or email email@example.com Visit the HighPoint site at http://www.highpoint-tech.com or http://www.hptmac.com
Latest News Posts
- PCIe 4.0 won't deliver 300W over the PCIe slot after all
- Ubisoft focuses on fixing The Division, delays DLC
- Gearbox working on a remastered version of Duke Nukem 3D
- Huawei unveils its new high-end Honor 8 smartphone
- HTC Vive preferred by more VR developers than the Rift
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- GA-x99 Gaming 5 , Recon3Di audio problem ,windows 8.1 robot sound
- Could be used the both Intel graphics card and Nvidia graphics card at same time on Asus K555LB laptop?
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller