HIGHPOINT RELEASES LOW COST EXTERNAL HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLER FOR DESKTOP AND SOHO MARKETS
Milpitas, Calif. - HighPoint Technologies is announcing the immediate availability of the RocketRAID 3122 - PCI-Express x1 external SATA hardware RAID controller with friendly OS support for desktops and SOHO markets.
The RocketRAID 3122 offers PCI-Express x1 bus connectivity for support every desktop and workstation motherboard available in the industry. PCI-Express is here to satisfy our bandwidth appetites for the next several years as legacy PCI did not provide the necessary bandwidth needed for demanding peripheral cards. The beauty of PCI-Express is the upward compatibility with faster PCI-Express speeds. A PCI-Express x1 peripheral device provides the flexibility to work in a PCI-Express x4, x8 or x16 slots.
The RocketRAID 3122 includes two external 3Gb/s external eSATA ports that are compatible with any point-to-point external storage and it capable of connecting to port multiplier (PM) storage devices supporting up to 10 SATA devices. The world's lowest cost true hardware RAID controller is powered by 400MHz RAID IOP engine with 128MB DDR II of cache memory. RAID support includes RAID 0 for high performance and RAID 1 for data protection.
Complete operating systems support is a key benefit of the RocketRAID 3122 for desktop and SOHO environments. There is support for (32 and 64) bit versions of Windows and native support in Linux distributions that include kernel 2.6.25 and FreeBSD 7.0 to offer a peace of mine user experience. Support for Mac OS X includes the added bonus of bootable support in Mac Pro systems.
The RocketRAID 3122 is the industry's lowest costing hardware RAID controller at $169 MSPR and is available today for purchase from one of our online reselling partners Newegg.com and from our distribution channels (ASI, BellMicro, D&H and Malabs)
HighPoint Technologies is headquartered in Milpitas CA. For further information please call 408-942-5800 or email email@example.com Visit the HighPoint site at http://www.highpoint-tech.com or http://www.hptmac.com
Latest News Posts
- James Bond's 'Spectre' teased in first trailer
- Slack rolling out two-factor authentication after data breach
- Hotels embracing RFID finding plenty of upside to tracking technology
- Rockstar Games makes us drool with more GTA 5 PC images in 4K
- Drones are being enjoyed by Hollywood, filming unique shots
- D1800M not recognizing LSI PCIe RAID card
- Haswell-E imploded, or something like that...
- X99 Extreme4 even less memory availabe to 32-Bit OS after 1.80 BIOS
- Jenkins J10 Black Earphones Review - $3 can go a long way
- Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi