Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, is delivering its bio-sourced Optelio EMV bank card to Banco Popular Dominicano, the leading bank in Dominican Republic. The green banking card is manufactured from renewable PLA* material derived from corn and allows Banco Popular to reduce the ecological footprint while ensuring an artistic, high quality product for cardholders.
The card is distributed by Gemalto's local reseller Secumatic and it is issued with the "FCB Escola de Santo Domingo" football school. The card provides customers with value added benefits including discounts on sporting event tickets and deals at major restaurants and hotels.
"Banco Popular Dominicano is committed to sustainability and Gemalto, as a long-term signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, stood out as the best partner to support us," said Austria Gomez, Bank Cards Vice President of Banco Popular Dominicano. "Banco Popular is demonstrating a new paradigm for commerce that values sustainability as a way to improve business, increase competitiveness and contribute to boost customer satisfaction."
"The bio sourced banking cards demonstrate our ongoing commitment to using materials and production processes that have a reduced environmental impact," said Rodrigo Serna, President for Latin America at Gemalto. "Furthermore, these innovative cards are delivered in an eco-friendly packaging made from recycled paper and printed with vegetable inks."
* Made from polylactic acid (PLA), a plastic substitute.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4