GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announces Key Leadership Additions
GLOBALFOUNDRIES, a new leading-edge semiconductor foundry formed by a joint venture between AMD and Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), today announced key additions to its management team that bring extensive semiconductor experience to the table. Joining GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chief Executive Officer Doug Grose and Chairman of the Board Hector Ruiz are:
- Jim Doran as senior vice president and general manager of Fab 1, the company's current primary manufacturing facility in Dresden, Germany
- Bruce McDougall as chief financial officer
- Alexie Lee as vice president and general counsel
"As our name implies, we're building a global company that is world class in every respect, from our ownership structure to our technology and physical presence to our management team," said Doug Grose, chief executive officer of GLOBALFOUNDRIES. "The additions to our team that we're announcing today represent just that - a global perspective coupled with a wealth of industry experience. The caliber of our people underscores the depth of our commitment to raise the bar in foundry services, creating a climate for innovation across the semiconductor industry."
Jim Doran joins GLOBALFOUNDRIES after serving as chief operating officer at Spansion. Jim previously held a variety of technical and management positions at AMD, including that of vice president and general manager of AMD Saxony from 1999-2001, which he helped build into AMD's flagship Dresden manufacturing facility, now the cornerstone of GLOBALFOUNDRIES' operations. Jim's 30-year-plus experience in the semiconductor industry included earlier positions with Stewart Warner, Signetics, Intersil, Intel and Paradigm Technology. Jim holds a Bachelors degree in Physics from Northwestern University and a Masters in Physics from the University of Wisconsin.
Bruce McDougall brings a successful track record in managing multi-billion dollar expenditures to GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Bruce most recently served as chief financial officer of EMAL, a US $7 billion joint greenfield aluminum smelting and power plant project under construction in the UAE in partnership with the Mubadala Development Company. Bruce joined EMAL after an extensive history of management positions in the mining and power generation industry leading functions including treasury, finance, risk management and business improvement. McDougall is a CPA, holding a Bachelor of Business degree.
Alexie Lee most recently served as vice president, general counsel and secretary of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, managing a worldwide legal team with responsibilities that included alliances, intellectual property litigation and corporate social responsibility. Prior to joining Hitachi, Alexie served in a wide range of legal positions at IBM supporting a number of IBM product businesses and was instrumental in the sale of the IBM Storage Technology Division to Hitachi and the merging of those operations. Lee holds a J.D. from Stanford Law School.
Latest News Posts
- The best-paid CEO in the US is Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google
- 1Password updated, features Material Design UI and fingerprint unlock
- Ubisoft says The Division being held back on PC 'simply not true'
- Telstra outage in Australia caused by 'embarrassing human error'
- Explosive new 'Independence Day' TV spot, poster go live
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance