GLOBALFOUNDRIES Announces Key Leadership Additions
GLOBALFOUNDRIES, a new leading-edge semiconductor foundry formed by a joint venture between AMD and Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC), today announced key additions to its management team that bring extensive semiconductor experience to the table. Joining GLOBALFOUNDRIES Chief Executive Officer Doug Grose and Chairman of the Board Hector Ruiz are:
- Jim Doran as senior vice president and general manager of Fab 1, the company's current primary manufacturing facility in Dresden, Germany
- Bruce McDougall as chief financial officer
- Alexie Lee as vice president and general counsel
"As our name implies, we're building a global company that is world class in every respect, from our ownership structure to our technology and physical presence to our management team," said Doug Grose, chief executive officer of GLOBALFOUNDRIES. "The additions to our team that we're announcing today represent just that - a global perspective coupled with a wealth of industry experience. The caliber of our people underscores the depth of our commitment to raise the bar in foundry services, creating a climate for innovation across the semiconductor industry."
Jim Doran joins GLOBALFOUNDRIES after serving as chief operating officer at Spansion. Jim previously held a variety of technical and management positions at AMD, including that of vice president and general manager of AMD Saxony from 1999-2001, which he helped build into AMD's flagship Dresden manufacturing facility, now the cornerstone of GLOBALFOUNDRIES' operations. Jim's 30-year-plus experience in the semiconductor industry included earlier positions with Stewart Warner, Signetics, Intersil, Intel and Paradigm Technology. Jim holds a Bachelors degree in Physics from Northwestern University and a Masters in Physics from the University of Wisconsin.
Bruce McDougall brings a successful track record in managing multi-billion dollar expenditures to GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Bruce most recently served as chief financial officer of EMAL, a US $7 billion joint greenfield aluminum smelting and power plant project under construction in the UAE in partnership with the Mubadala Development Company. Bruce joined EMAL after an extensive history of management positions in the mining and power generation industry leading functions including treasury, finance, risk management and business improvement. McDougall is a CPA, holding a Bachelor of Business degree.
Alexie Lee most recently served as vice president, general counsel and secretary of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, managing a worldwide legal team with responsibilities that included alliances, intellectual property litigation and corporate social responsibility. Prior to joining Hitachi, Alexie served in a wide range of legal positions at IBM supporting a number of IBM product businesses and was instrumental in the sale of the IBM Storage Technology Division to Hitachi and the merging of those operations. Lee holds a J.D. from Stanford Law School.
Latest News Posts
- Verizon acquires Vessel, will shut it down on October 31
- Nintendo investors hate new Switch console hybrid
- Nintendo teases Jan 12 event for 'major' Switch details
- Dolby Atmos update coming for Xbox One S
- LinusTechTips makes $3,000 custom watercooled PS4
- Battlefield 1 PC Performance and Quality Report
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software