With only 17 shopping days until Christmas, is this holiday shopping season shaping up to be one that has businesses jingling all the way to the bank? Or will Scrooge be the character of the year? According to the Vantiv ShopTalk survey, conducted by Socratic Technologies, consumers report this year will be somewhere in between, with most shoppers saying they plan to spend about the same amount as they did last year on gifts - which averages a total of $600.
Vantiv, the number one U.S. processor of "everyday spend" card transactions, including retail, grocery and drug store sales, contracted Socratic Technologies to survey 500 consumers on their shopping preferences. The survey found only 11 percent plan to spend more than they did last year, 17 percent said they plan to spend less, and the vast majority, 72 percent, will spend about the same as 2014.
For more information on the Vantiv ShopTalk Survey results, visit http://www.vantiv.com/about/newsroom.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook