With only 17 shopping days until Christmas, is this holiday shopping season shaping up to be one that has businesses jingling all the way to the bank? Or will Scrooge be the character of the year? According to the Vantiv ShopTalk survey, conducted by Socratic Technologies, consumers report this year will be somewhere in between, with most shoppers saying they plan to spend about the same amount as they did last year on gifts - which averages a total of $600.
Vantiv, the number one U.S. processor of "everyday spend" card transactions, including retail, grocery and drug store sales, contracted Socratic Technologies to survey 500 consumers on their shopping preferences. The survey found only 11 percent plan to spend more than they did last year, 17 percent said they plan to spend less, and the vast majority, 72 percent, will spend about the same as 2014.
For more information on the Vantiv ShopTalk Survey results, visit http://www.vantiv.com/about/newsroom.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- PS4 Pro Media Player update includes 4K support
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- GIGABYTE AX370-Gaming 5 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse