Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 17 percent increase in the company's targeted regular cash dividend. The targeted annual dividend will increase from $2.16 to $2.52 per share and will continue to be paid quarterly. The first payment at the new quarterly rate of $0.63 per share is scheduled to be paid on November 20, 2015 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 6, 2015. The declaration and payment of any future quarterly dividends will continue to be at the discretion of the Board of Directors and will be dependent upon Seagate's financial position, results of operations, available cash, cash flow, capital requirements and other factors deemed relevant by the Board.
"Today's increase in our dividend targets reflects our confidence in Seagate's ability to continue to generate sustainable operating cash flow and maintain a strong balance sheet," said Steve Luczo, Seagate chairman and chief executive officer. "This is consistent with our capital allocation priorities we have previously articulated, including returning cash to shareholders through dividends and share redemption."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to spend $1 billion on shows
- Microsoft to announce Xbox One X pre-order details soon
- VRAM prices increase over 30% in August alone
- Netflix to spend $7 billion on content in 2018
- Intel's next-gen Ice Lake CPUs announced SUPER EARLY
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes