Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 17 percent increase in the company's targeted regular cash dividend. The targeted annual dividend will increase from $2.16 to $2.52 per share and will continue to be paid quarterly. The first payment at the new quarterly rate of $0.63 per share is scheduled to be paid on November 20, 2015 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 6, 2015. The declaration and payment of any future quarterly dividends will continue to be at the discretion of the Board of Directors and will be dependent upon Seagate's financial position, results of operations, available cash, cash flow, capital requirements and other factors deemed relevant by the Board.
"Today's increase in our dividend targets reflects our confidence in Seagate's ability to continue to generate sustainable operating cash flow and maintain a strong balance sheet," said Steve Luczo, Seagate chairman and chief executive officer. "This is consistent with our capital allocation priorities we have previously articulated, including returning cash to shareholders through dividends and share redemption."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter