Computex 2017 - GIGABYTE today revealed its new fleet of Aorus X299 gaming motherboards in Taipei, Taiwan.
The new Aorus gaming motherboard line is specifically built for Intel's new enthusiast-grade X299 series processors, and features a number of premium additions to enhance users' PC gaming experience. The line features Ultra Durable base plates and reinforced PCIe lanes to reduce GPU sag damage as well as thermal head spreaders for M.2 SSDs and Intel's new Optane Memory technology. Stylish accenting is added by the Aorus X299 Gaming 9 and 7's RGB LEDs, which can be customized with software to add more flair to any build.
GIGABYTE's new X299 Aorus Gaming Series also comes with Smart Fan 5 software which allows users to optimize and control their cooling system. The company explains the benefits of its Fan Stop Technology in the latest press release: "Fan stop technology reduces unnecessary wear on fans when the system is below a specific temperature, stopping all fans until they are needed. With improved control and up-to-the-second information on flow-rate and water-temperature through the Hybrid Fan Pin Headers, the new Smart Fan 5 offers users complete mastery over their PC. To ensure the ultimate liquid cooling experience, high-current 3 amperage pin header has been added to power the most demanding water pumps available for PC cooling."
"With the unveiling of Intel's new X299 platform we are determined to show the PC industry our revolutionizing features," said Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE's Motherboard Business Unit.
"GIGABYTE's X299 AORUS Motherboards is here to leave a lasting impression for enthusiasts searching for the ultimate PC experience."
GIGABYTE's new X299 Aorus Gaming series is made up of three models: the Gaming 3, Gaming 7, and Gaming 9, with the latter being the premium model. Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but the boards will go on sale in June.
Check below for particulars, features and specs.
Specifications and Features
- Supports Intel® Core™ X-series Processor Family
- Quad Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Header
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
- Ultra Durable™ Base Plate Armor and Integrated I/O Shield Armor Design
- Server-Class Digital Power Design
- 127dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9018K2M DAC, LME 49720 and OPA1622 OP-AMP, WIMA audio capacitor
- Sound BlasterX 720°, the top-of-the-line audio engine solution for 4K gaming and entertainment
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro and Intel® GbE LAN for the best gaming networking experience possible
- Killer 2x2 802.11ac Wireless - AC 1535
- RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Digital LED Light Show design, support digital LED & RGB LED strips
- Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
- Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Triple Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 interface and Thermal Guard
- PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Add-In Card with Thermal Guard
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 U.2 adaptor
- USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
- Precise Digital USB Fuse Design for Stronger Protection
- Anti-Sulfur Resistor Design
- Ultra Durable™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
- Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 support by option AIC
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port