Set for release in Q3 (i3) and Q4 (i5), the 6th Generation Intel Core NUC isn't far away from hitting the market.
Featuring fanless technology when used in conjunction with rumored cases to be released by Akasa, HDPLEX, Streacom and cirrus7, this new technology will be paired with Dual-channel DDR4 memory of up to 32GB and features four total USB 3.0 ports.
There's Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora and OpenSUSE operating system support and this NUC release is being claimed as a great solution for photographers and content creators alike.
The total specifications list is as follows:
- Intel 6th Generation Core i3 / i5-6xxxU (15W TDP)
- Dual-channel DDR4 SODIMMs 1.2V, 1866 MHz (32GB max)
- Intel HD Graphics 6xxx
- 1 x mini HDMI 1.4a
- 1 x mini DisplayPort 1.2
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the front panel (1 x charging capable)
- 2 x Internal USB 2.0 via header
- Internal support for M.2 SSD card (22x42 or 22x80)
- Internal SATA3 support for 2.5" HDD/SSD (up to 9.5mm thickness)
- SDXC slot with UHS-I support on the side
- Intel 10/100/1000Mbps Network Connection
- Intel Wireless-AC xxxx M.2 soldered-down, wireless antennas
- IEEE 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4, Intel® Wireless Display
- Up to 7.1 surround audio via Mini HDMI and Mini DisplayPort
- Headphone/Microphone jack on the front panel
- Consumer Infrared sensor on the front panel
- 19V, 65W wall-mount AC-DC power adapter
- OS certs: Windows 10, 8 & 8.1
- OS compatibility: Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora, OpenSUSE