Jibbed has posted on the NeoGAF forums, saying that "The Worse," who is the creator of the mod for Watch Dogs, has seen some huge improvements and locked away goodies within Ubisoft's open-world hacking title. He has discovered that Ubisoft has left "almost all of the shaders and improvements seen in 2012 and 2013 are still in the game files, such as the e3 2012 explosions". The mod, as it stands right now, includes some huge improvements, such as:
- Changes to the default fog values
- Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
- Stuttering Improvements
- E3 2012 Bloom
- Performance Improvements
- Enabled Headlight Shadows
- LoD Changes
- Reflection changes
- Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
- Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
- Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
- Civilians density changes
- And many more things.. SOON.
I think we're about to see a huge explosion on the Internet about this - on one hand, this is amazing for PC gamers - on the other hand, it would seem that Ubisoft deliberately gimped Watch Dogs on PC for what reason exactly? More sales on consoles? To not see the PC version look undeniably better than next-gen consoles? No matter the reason, this will not end well for Ubisoft - but it will end well for gamers, who can expect Watch Dogs to look even better.