The top Google searches of 2013 include the deaths of former South African president Nelson Mandela, 'Fast and the Furious' actor Paul Walker, and the latest generation of the Apple iPhone.
Google compiles the list based on search queries that saw the highest search volume through 2013.
- Nelson Mandela - Former South African president recently died
- Paul Walker - 'Fast and the Furious' movie star; died in a fiery car crash
- iPhone 5S - The latest version of the popular Apple iPhone
- Cory Monteith - Glee actor that died of a drug overdose
- Harlem shake - A song that inspired a viral dance
- Boston Marathon bombing - The tragic bombing of the 2013 Boston Marathon
- Royal baby - Birth of England's Prince George
- Samsung S4 - Google-Android device that is the biggest competitor to the iPhone
- PlayStation 4 - Recently released next-generation console from Sony
- North Korea - The volatile nation with a young leader continues to intrigue the world
Google handles two out of every three Web searches, and the top 10 list is a glimpse into some of the most popular news stories and highly discussed topics of the year. The Silicon Valley company is careful not to include the actual most-searched terms, which remained Facebook and YouTube - both sites have a large number of users, and top the list year-over-year.